Hard to believe, but it's already happening... Payton started her new preschool last week, and Kyle started summer school Monday morning. He has summer school for two weeks, has a week off, and then reports back to start the official new year as a full time teacher! He's excited to get back in the swing of things, and is really busy getting everything ready for his new classroom. Other than that, we've been staying up way too late watching the Olympics, and trying to stay cool in this heat wave (A/C is definitely on the priority list for next summer).
I am happy to report that we are really loving Payton's new daycare! When I dropped her off the first time I played with her for a little while, and then I told her I had to go to work but her dad would be by to pick her up later. She didn't start crying but she looked kind of upset, so I asked her if she would like to watch me drive away and I would wave to her (we do this at home sometimes). She surprised me by saying "yeah"! So her teacher picked her up and she watched out the window as I drove away, and was waving goodbye! I called Kyle later to see how her first day was, and he was actually kind of embarrassed... Payton hadn't wanted to leave at the end of the day, and threw a big fit! Although that's never something you want to hear, I was so glad that she really enjoyed it. She talked about it a lot that night, and one of the first things she said when she woke up the next morning was "I go see friends?" SO cute! Now all I have to do in the morning is ask her if she's ready to go see her friends, and she'll yell "YEAH!" She has really connected with a little girl named Mya; the other day when Kyle went to pick Payton up they were sitting together talking back and forth, and the other night at dinner when I was asking her about her friends she said "I love Mya!" I asked her if she loved one of the little boys, Alex, and she said "no, he's silly!" When I dropped Payton off on Monday they were strapping all the kids into one of those six kid strollers, they were headed for a walk to go feed the ducks (love that!). Mya, of course, saved the seat next to her for Payton :) I just love watching Payton interact with other little kids and cultivate those relationships, it's really neat. Oh, and a potential positive of the new daycare: Payton went potty in the toilet two days in a row last week!! Yahoo! Apparently she was watching other kids do it and told the teacher she could too, went into the bathroom, sat down and peed! I know she's capable, she's just not very interested whenever I ask her at home. That's putting her on the right track though!
I don't have any pictures this post unfortunately, I had to work this weekend and was really busy so we didn't get to do anything fun, we really just hung around. My fellow photography loving friend has offered to take family pictures of the three of us on Friday though, so I'm excited to see how those turn out!
Tuesday, August 7, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Some of those preschool friendships can last a lifetime. Ask Carissa and Eileen!
ReplyDelete