My parents came down last Saturday to help celebrate Rick's 50th birthday, which was on the 19th. We had a BBQ at Pam's house with a ton of family. Kyle and I even had one of his students hang at the house after Payton went to bed so we could hang out and celebrate late! It was so fun to be out together, usually one of us has to stay behind. Happy birthday Rico!
Once again Payton, her parents and all four grandparents made the trek together to the Oregon Zoo. We had a great time! I was really hoping Payton would be much more into the animals this year, since she loves reading about them and imitating all the different noises. Last year she was mostly interested in people watching, and trying to stay upright (she was just starting to walk well on her own). This year she started out very apprehensive and wanted "up" for quite a while. In fact she kept saying "we go home" and "gotta go back" several times! I think once she realized that no animals were going to jump out and bite her, she started to relax a little bit. I was telling Kyle that I wish we'd had time to go through the zoo again, because by the time we were nearing the end she was really loosening up and enjoying herself. Maybe next time!
I'm starting to have fun!
I had to go through this tunnel SEVERAL times
Riding a tractor with Grandma Sue!
Lots of walking...
I love her arms in this one! Working it!
Snack time!
Checking out the elephants :)
Lions!
Riding on Papa Scott's shoulders!
Adoring grandmothers :)
Payton has been really liking "choo choos" lately, so you should have seen her face when we boarded the train that goes around the zoo. 35 minutes of pure Heaven! She was SO excited!
Giving mommy kisses!
At the end of the day we let Payton pick out a stuffed animal at the gift shop... meet baby Cheetah. This little guy has not left Payton's sight since! She sleeps with her, eats with her, plays with her... they're super cute together!
And now... onto this weekend! Saturday morning we took Payton to soccer. She gets more and more comfortable every time we go, so it's getting more and more enjoyable for us too.
Stretching!
Red light green light
Chasing bubbles
I love her hair in this one :)
I was hoping to take Payton swimming on Sunday, but every pool I looked at was only open from like 1-4pm (basically Payton's nap time). Kyle had a really good idea though, and suggested going to Lewis Creek in Sweet Home. They have a rocky beach, swimming, and we could take a picnic lunch. So Sunday morning we packed up, and in less than an hour we were there!
Our little set up
"Look mom! Water!"
"Up!"
This is really fun!
Whoops! I fell down!
Cutie patootie
I didn't want to go!
Even though it was overcast, we had a really fun morning and afternoon. Of course the minute we left the sun came out (figures), but we will definitely be back again often in the future!
Unfortunately I'm on call this next weekend, so not much going on for us. Just taking it easy and hanging out! Payton starts her new preschool this week. Kyle has taken her a few times just to get her acclimated, and she hasn't wanted to leave, so that's a good sign. Kyle already has meetings next week for summer school, and the regular school year will be here before we know it. This year is just flying by!
















No comments:
Post a Comment