Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie second birthday ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Ahhh... love is in the air

What a great weekend I just had! It was super busy, but full of family and friends. Kyle took off for his guys backpacking trip on Friday morning, so all of the ladies they left behind decided we would get together for a girls night! So Payton and I stayed the night at Grandma Sue's so I could stay up and hang out with everybody, not to mention the advantage of a good nights sleep in an air conditioned home. We had pizza, snacks, a couple bottles of wine, a lot of laughs... it was a great night! On Saturday morning Payton and I went to soccer again. This week wasn't quite as good as last week unfortunately. I don't know if it was just because her dad wasn't there, but Payton wanted up pretty much the whole time, she wasn't really in the mood to run around. Oh well, there's always next weekend!

After running to Target, a big lunch and a nap, Payton and I were ready to tackle yet another park on Saturday afternoon. I took her to Timberlinn park because my friend said I could get great pictures there (and I was scoping it out for Chelsea and Richard's engagement photos - more of that to follow in a moment). I knew they had a play structure, so I could kill two birds with one stone. A little girl walked up to me and asked me if she could play with Payton, which was so cute; Payton went down the slide with her, chased her, they climbed the stairs together... It made me realize how much fun it is as a parent to stand back and watch your child interact with other kids. Plus after that little girl left, Payton was being friendly to all the other kids too! She's usually pretty shy, but she said down next to a little boy on the double slide and said "Ready? One, two, three!" and they went down the slide together. Too cute!

Chelsea and Richard arrived in Albany Saturday night to visit us. I offered a long time ago to try to take some engagement pictures for them, and every time they've tried to have a friend do them in Washington they've been rained out, so it actually turned out perfect! We got to visit and they got to see Payton, and we took (almost 500!) pictures. I'm not a professional by any means, but I'm passionate about it and I love doing it, and I was honored that they entrusted me with the job. Hopefully I did not disappoint! The weather was pretty overcast at first, and I was actually feeling discouraged but it turned out great; sometimes bright bright sunlight in photos isn't good either, so it was a nice "picture taking" day. We decided to go to a park in downtown Albany, it was actually the same park where Kyle and I had our engagemnt pictures taken (over 4 years ago!). Brought back a lot of memories!

This was just a random pic, we weren't even taking official pictures yet. I love it though!

The ring

Awwww

















Like I said, it was an honor and a privelage to take these pictures, and I thank them for being patient and flexible with me. I really enjoy photography, and I had a blast! Also a big thank you to Sue, who entertained Payton for me while I was busy. I couldn't have gotten any pictures without you!

And of course, I couldn't resist a few photos of my absolute favorite subject...

I am obsessed with the swings lately!


Walking the tracks with Grandma Sue!

Too cute!

Love her!

This next weekend is shaping up to be a big one too! Kyle's dad Rick is turning 50 on Thursday, so the boys are going golfing together Saturday morning, and then we're having a party for him that afternoon. Plus my parents are coming down, so it will be extra fun! On Sunday, we're all going to head up to the Portland Zoo. It's been over a year since we last went, and I'm really excited to take Payton this time because she's so much more aware of all the different animals, and likes to imitate them. Last time we went she could barely walk on her own, so a lot has changed since then! 

1 comment:

  1. Those photos are awesome and I'm sure they mean so much more to Chelsea because you took them.

    ReplyDelete