Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie second birthday ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 22, 2012


I hope y'all like pictures, because this post is going to have a lot of them! We've had a few busy weekends, but lots of fun. Friday night before last, my friend Jamie met us in downtown Albany to try to take some family pictures. I am really pleased at how they turned out, especially considering my star subject was NOT on her best behavior! Jamie would ask "Payton, will you go stand by mommy and daddy?" and Payton would look at her and yell "NO!" and then run away! She has never really been disobedient like that, but I guess we've offically hit the terrible twos. For some reason Payton didn't want Kyle anywhere near her that night too, because he would go to put his arm around her and she would yell "Daddy no, don't touch me!" Totally bizarre! Kyle just wanted to end the session, but I persevered because I told him you'd be surprised what kind of photos you can get even when people aren't cooperating. Jamie did a great job, and I think we got some wonderful family pics! Thank you Jamie!












Saturday morning (the 11th) after soccer we went to Costco, then raced home to change so we could get to the Swanson Pool when it opened at noon. We were one of the first people there, and therefore got one of the prime spots in the shade! We took Payton here last summer, but she was a lot more excited about playing in the water this year! She kept yelling "that's a big wave mom! See it?" I'm going to look into getting her into swim lessons in the fall. She's definitely ready!

I looooooved the water!

Practicing my kicks!


Swimming!



I asked Payton if she would like to go down the big water slide, and she looked at it and was like "yeah!" Kyle and I were afraid she would get to the front of the line and then not want to go, but she walked up the stairs, waited patiently in line, and went down (on Kyle's lap) without any hesitation! She had the biggest grin on her face, and the second it was over she was shouting "again!" She went down it over and over, until it was time to leave!

The big slide!

Waiting in line

Weeeeeeeee!


I went down with Mommy too!

We had a lot of fun!

On Sunday (the 12th) we decided to head out to Lewis Creek in Sweet Home again for a picnic and some swimming. It was a lot hotter than it was when we went before, so the water felt great! It was a lot more crowded this time too, so Payton wasn't quite as interested in galavanting in the water on her own.She wanted up a lot of the time, and the heat seemed to make her a little sluggish (I know I certainly felt that way!). I can't wait for fall to arrive. I like summer, but it has just been too hot for me. I like it in the mid 70's, not this heat wave! It has finally started to cool back down this week, which is wonderful. It's 80 degrees in our house right now, but it feels great compared to what it has been!





Payton has now officially entered the stuffed animal phase. They are like her posse, and they go with her wherever she goes. Her favorites are her cheetah, a dog she calls Charlie, her Dora doll, and a few other assorted "babies". When she goes to bed at night, her crib looks like a zoo!

I took a picture for "pajama day" at school... with my cheetah of course!

Daycare has continued to go well, except for when I drop her off. She did great the first week or so, then for some reason she seems to have regressed and now freaks out when I'm leaving. When we go to pick her up though we can't get her to leave, she wants to stay and play! For some reason the morning transition just really gets to her. On a positive note: Payton pooped in the potty at school last week! Yahoo!

This last weekend was wonderful as well. Payton and I headed up to the lake house Saturday morning; Kyle had bought tickets to a concert a long time ago for Sunday night, so he stayed behind unfortunately. Payton and I had fun hanging with the family though! I wish the weather had cooperated a bit more; the joke this weekend was that I'm jinxed (the weather was terrible when I came in July too). But nothing would stop Payton from getting on that boat! 

Hanging on the dock with Papa Scott :)

For some reason my cell phone pics of Payton on the boat won't upload, so I'll try to include those in my next post!

Sunday the weather finally started to turn nice, but it was time for us to pack up and go. We headed to my parent's house in GH Sunday night, because we were heading to Tahoma National Cemetery Monday morning. I got to be a part of what my mom called "tucking Grandma in" to her final resting place, which was near and dear to my heart and I was honored to be present. We all went out to lunch afterwards, I was so happy I got to see everyone. It just so happened to be my birthday, and it was special to be able to spend it with so much family. Payton and I headed home after that, and I picked up Kyle at our house and headed over to Sue's house for dinner, where I got to see even more of my family! Humble reminder of how I am a very blessed and lucky girl. 

P.S. Happy 30th birthday Kyanne! 

No comments:

Post a Comment