Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie second birthday ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 23, 2012

We had another beautiful sunny weekend! Hard to believe just a month ago it was snowing around here. It was a very productive weekend... On Saturday after gymnastics we took Payton to the park to feed the ducks. She'd been talking about it ALL week, ever since Grandma Sue took her last weekend when we were in Portland. She doesn't like to get too close to them, but will wave and say "hi duck!" as she tosses them some bread. After a nice long nap, we went out to dinner before I headed up to Portland. It was crowded, everyone was out and about enjoying the sunny weather!

Saturday night I ran up to Portland for a few hours to hang with some college friends. It was really nice to catch up and see what everyone is up to. I was way overdue for seeing those girls!

Sunday morning we went grocery shopping, and then worked again in the yard. We have so many projects in mind for our yard, it will keep us busy for years! Some of our short term goals are to refinish the deck, put in a flower bed in front of our living room window, and we would love to put a fire pit in our backyard. Hang out by the fire, roast some smores... sounds like a great summer night :) The list is long, so I'm sure we will only get to a few this summer. We also need to replace all the windows in our house (which will be expensive I hear), and we're really considering buying an air conditioner... They're so worth it! Just reminds me how expensive home ownership is! Especially when your home isn't brand new (like our last one was). Hard to believe we've only lived here for six months though. It feels like we've been here a lot longer than that!


Sunday evening we finally put Payton's bike trailer to good use and hooked it onto the back of Kyle's bike. I summoned some courage and got on a bike myself; I couldn't remember the last time I rode a bike! Middle school maybe?? Anyway, I managed not to embarrass myself and stayed on the whole time (yay me!) and I actually ended up really enjoying myself. It was so fun! We rode to Payton's future elementary school (Liberty) and let her play on their playground for a while. Her favorite by far is the slide. When we were ready to go, we lured her back into the trailer with a snack and some water, and away we went. We rode to the hospital, then turned around and rode home. It was probably only a 3 mile ride, but I'm really excited to go again! We're planning a picnic to our favorite park soon!



Unfortunately I'm on call this next weekend, so we'll be laying pretty low. Probably doing more... you guessed it! Yard work. Luckily we have an outdoors girl, I think she would be outside every minute if we let her! She doesn't even want to come in for meals (and let me tell you, Payton doesn't skip meals). We've been eating dinner outside on the deck the last few nights, and she's loved that. It's saved us a few meltdowns from forcing her to come inside.

Payton quote of the week:

"Watch Dora mommy?"

"No honey, we're not going to watch Dora right now."

"Ok. In a little bit."

Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment