Last week Payton and I went to the bounce house in Corvallis on an unexpected day off. It was fun, I really miss having a day off during the week!
On Saturday night we had dinner at Sue's house, and we decided to go through a "trial run" of the Easter egg hunt. The only problem with our plan was she realized that there were little prizes in there. So when we set her loose for the actual event on Sunday afternoon, she didn't want to keep looking for eggs, she wanted to open them one by one and have a snack! :)
We had a huge breakfast at Kyle's Aunt Pam's house Easter morning, it was delicious and the sun was shining. Perfect start to the day!
I'm ready to hunt Easter eggs!It's hard to believe it's already mid April. Payton, of course, is quite the talker lately! And she loves to sing. I'm usually playing music on my iPod or Pandora in the morning while we eat breakfast or while we're making dinner, and she has surprised me the last couple days by singing along to some of the songs that she hears frequently! She loves shoes and coats, I think she's really going to be into dress up. She's repeating everything we say, so we have to be pretty careful. Tonight she put both her hands on Kyle's face, looked him in the eye, and said "Daddy, listen me. You sit time-out. OK?" She must have picked that one up at daycare... I actually rarely have to put her in timeout, usually just the threat of it is enough. I asked her daycare providers if they ever have to put her in timeout, and they said no. I think watching the other kids in timeout motivates her to stay in line! Her hair is getting longer, and it's so curly. She really resembles Kyle now with her blond, curly hair and blue eyes. She loves books, and is really into repetition (she likes listening to the same story over and over and over...) She loves being outside, she wants to go out there even when it's raining. She has been having fun kicking around a soccer ball, and I found a soccer league for little kids, so I decided to sign her up for a session that starts this summer. I can't wait to watch a bunch of toddlers running around chasing a ball! :)
This Saturday Kyle and I are headed up to Portland to go to an old co-workers wedding. We decided to make it an adult only trip, and I'm really excited to catch up with all my old peeps! Other than that, hopefully the weather is good and we can continue attacking our yard and making it presentable. We've never had a yard to take care of before, so we're learning a lot! And realizing how much work it is...
Also, I've had a lot of questions about when we're next headed home to Washington. I know we're WAY overdue, and I apologize for that! I've decided that in order to maximize our time and have the best chance of seeing everyone we want to see, we're going to take advantage of the long Memorial day weekend, and so we'll be headed up the last weekend in May. Hope we get to see you soon! :)



I loved Easter egg hunts!
ReplyDelete