We woke up, did Easter baskets, ate some breakfast and went to church. We were a little nervous about her being ok sitting there for an hour, but she did fine. She was pretty interested in my keys for a while, and actually fell asleep for a couple minutes. I was excited about that, but about 5-10 minutes later she was back up and ready to observe everything. We let her have her binky, which I hate because I usually never let her have it outside her crib, but she's in that "discovering my voice" stage and likes to yell for no reason (I know, awesome). I feel bad "plugging" her, but she doesn't really listen to reason yet. And plus, she LOVES her binkies. She has not formed an attachment to any type of stuffed animal or blanket, but man she loves her binkies. She likes to suck on one while she's holding one in her hand at the same time. That's her "lovie"!
Yesterday was Kyle's graduation from Concordia University. I can't even begin to put into words how proud I was sitting in the stands, watching him get his diploma and get "hooded". Kyle got accepted into their Masters of Arts in Teaching program a month after we found out we were pregnant; at the time, we were thinking "what the heck did we do? Are we crazy??" :) We weren't sure how we were going to fit in school, work, and having a baby, but Kyle has done a great job and now we're standing at the finish line. The only day Kyle missed of school was when we were still in the hospital with Payton, right after she was born. He has been extremely dedicated, worked very hard, and will be an exceptional teacher. It is wonderful to see him doing something he's passionate about and enjoys so much, and to think about all of the lives he's going to influence in such a positive way. Way to go Kyle!
Afterwards we went out for a family dinner to celebrate at Buffalo Wild Wings. My parents came down for the day to watch Kyle graduate, which was very special as well. The sun came out for us, and all in all it was a great day!
Hope the sun came out for all of you, and that you had a great weekend! :)



Once again, wow, you just keep passing huge milestones, don't you?
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to you and Kyle (& Payton). I think the hood is so cool. I just couldn't stop looking at Kyanne's when she got hers.