Kyle and I also went for a walk to the store and tried out the Baby Bjorn for the first time... she really liked it!
Payton has officially outgrown most of her newborn clothes, she's really long! She's growing so fast, but it's kind of fun, because it's like a whole new wardrobe. She recently discovered her fingers, and likes to gnaw on them every once in a while. When we put her in her swing, she just stares at the mobile as it rotates. The bouncy chair is still her favorite place to nap though! Her hemangioma has started to raise a little bit, but nothing too bad. She's starting to enjoy her baths more, or at least tolerate them better. She does NOT like to be cold though, even for a second!
We began to notice some problems with her starting around last week... you can tell she occasionally gets a tummy ache or some painful gas, but I know all babies fuss and cry so I would just try and comfort her. We tried gas drops but didn't see a difference, so we hoped that it would get better as her digestive system matured. Well we started to notice some other symptoms that got a lot worse last week... she would cry and arch her back and squirm for hours after eating, started spitting up a lot more, and wheezing and having what sounded like some labored breathing. She was also making this gagging, gurgling noise and seemed to be trying to swallow something back. It worsened a lot over the weekend, so I called her doctor's office first thing this morning and got an appointment for like two hours later. That's one of the reasons I love that office! After discussing all of her symptoms, it looks like she might have some acid reflux. It's really common in babies, but becomes a problem when it causes them pain and discomfort. She's still gaining weight though, which is a big relief. She weighed 10 pounds 10 ounces at the doctor today, and they said that was right on for her birth weight. So we're switching her formula to one that is a little thicker with rice starch hoping that it will be a little easier for her food to stay down, and she prescribed her some generic infant Zantac to take twice a day. Hopefully this will really help her discomfort. It sucks to see your baby in pain :( I will definitely keep you posted though!



What a beautiful family!
ReplyDeleteI must say Kyle looks stunning modeling the Baby Bjorn. He's a natural.
I hope Payton starts feeling better right away. I'm sure you've researched modern ways to make Payton feel better but, hey, don't discount the old-fashioned remedy of a bit of whiskey in her bottle. ;-)
We were attending a wedding with you and your mother had to take you out at the beginning of the ceremony guess it was pay back time for you. Sorry to hear of Payton Marie's tummy problems and hope the new formula helps. We will be anxious to hear she is doing much better. Love you all GG & GGPA Book
ReplyDeleteI hope that Miss Payton Marie is feeling better. Love you all:)
ReplyDeletePayton is cuter everytime I see a picture of her. Hope her tummy handles the new formula better, and feels much better. Love you, give Payton a hug n' kiss for us. Nana C
ReplyDelete