Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie second birthday ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 26, 2010

2 month checkup

Payton had her 2 month well visit at the doctor this morning, and also got started on her vaccinations. She's growing perfectly! She's a big girl too, her height, weight and head circumference are all in the 90th percentile! She weighed 11 pounds 14 ounces, and is 22.5 inches long. Even though she was 21.5 inches at birth, she only measured about 20.5 inches at her 2 week checkup; they say that's pretty common because the head is usually a little cone shaped after birth, so it may not be as accurate. That means she's already grown about 2 inches in 6 weeks! The doctor said she's perfectly proportional though, and very strong and alert. I was really not looking forward to her shots, she had to get 3 in the thigh and an oral vaccine. The oral one is sweetened, so they gave it after the shots hoping it acts like a little treat and calms them down. Yeah right! I had Kyle hold her little hand so I didn't have to see her face... I know, I'm a wuss. :) She got REALLY ticked (we've never seen her face so red) and cried for a couple minutes, but after that she was fine and fell asleep. I have a feeling it was probably way more traumatic for me than it was for her! Thank goodness we don't have to go back until the beginning of July :)

This weekend Kyle is reenacting in Albany, so we're going to head down there on Friday and stay for the weekend. I'm not going to take Payton to the battle, but I'll take her to visit her dad in between battles. It's also his brother Bryan's birthday that Monday, so we're going to celebrate that as well! Should be a fun weekend!

2 comments:

  1. We all knew Payton was perfect, but it's nice to have an official opinion.

    I learned it was best to have shots in the afternoon of an active day. Mine would go to bed and wake up great and not be cranky all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Mom you got through the first shots I never did get used to them for the kids but they are necessary and don't hurt for long.She might be a bit cranky tomorrow but I know she will be in great shape when GG & GGPa visit.

    ReplyDelete