I finally got around to editing more of the maternity pictures my friend did for me, who by the way had her own baby! Congrats to Jamie on the birth of her beautiful baby boy Bradyn! :) I can't wait to get a picture of our little guys together!
As excited and ready as I am for this baby to get here, I'm also starting to feel the nerves... I've been reading up on breastfeeding again, which I'm really hoping goes better than last time, and I'm also anxious about how Payton is going to react to another person taking the attention away from her. That is one blessed little girl who has never had to share the attention! I have some presents for her baby brother to "give" to her when she visits us in the hospital, and I've been talking to her a lot about how much I love her and she's going to be my big helper when the new baby gets here... I just can't predict how she's going to react! She has been acting out a little bit lately, but it's hard to tell if she's just acting her age or if she's doing it knowing that a big change is coming. She's just been having meltdowns at the drop of a hat, and throwing tantrums when she doesn't get her way... gotta love the age of 3! I've been putting her to bed a little earlier the last few nights, and that actually has seemed to help with her moods throughout the day, so I'll definitely be keeping that up. It's harder to put her to bed on time in the summer, because it's nice out and I want to be out doing things too! Plus I try to be flexible, I don't want to be "that parent" that has to have a strict schedule or their world doesn't function, but I need to remember that Payton actually does really well with a schedule, and if it's best for her than whatever works. I won't be the mom of little babies forever; in fact, it will fly by way too fast!
Kyle and I decided to get a pool membership this summer at a country club in Albany! I went as a guest with a friend and her daughters, and was immediately sold. Payton has such a blast, and they have a kiddie pool that is the perfect height for her. Not to mention poolside service for the adults, doesn't get much better than that! We're going to be using it a LOT this summer!
Payton in her "boat ship". When those words came out of her mouth it sounded like she said something else entirely...
Other than that, nothing much new with us! Kyle's school year is officially over, but this week he is teaching summer school and also coaching a middle school basketball camp. He's really looking forward to his time off!
Anyway, time for me to go try to get some sleep... I think my body is just preparing me for the sleepless nights with a newborn! I can't wait! :)
Have a great week everyone!











No comments:
Post a Comment