On Saturday morning Payton, Sue and I loaded up into the car for the trek to Gig Harbor. I was pretty nervous for Payton's first long road trip wearing underwear, but luckily she did so good! Not a single accident the whole weekend! I was so thankful that Sue came along with me, she was such a big help. We got to Gig Harbor around noon, and I immediately started getting Chelsea ready for her festivities. Once we were all gussied up, we headed over to Kyanne's for the shower. She and Carissa did such a great job organizing the event! I was pretty limited as to what I could do since I am so far away, and I so appreciated everything they did to make it easier for me, not to mention a great day for Chelsea. Thank you to everyone who came out to celebrate Chelsea's upcoming nuptials with us; it was a great day with lots of family and friends! Payton did great, although she wanted up or to sit on someones lap for most of the party. It didn't help that for some reason she's terrified of dogs, even little ones that want nothing to do with her, and so when she caught a glimpse of Kyanne's greyhounds (who were super well behaved) she became even more clingy. She had been talking about Chelsea's party for days, so I think she still had fun being there celebrating with us. Chelsea got lots of great things for her and Richard's new home!
Yum!
Beautiful bride to be!
Oh Chelsea :)
The hostesses with the mostest!
Sitting on Grandma Sue's lap
Nice :)
Let the gift opening begin!
This was such a neat gift! My aunt Tanya made an old basket of my grandma's into a sewing basket, complete with all the supplies. Family heirloom!
It wouldn't be a shower without a beautiful Doogie quilt!
Payton finally wanted in on the present opening action!
After Chelsea opened gifts, we went outside to grab some pictures. It turned out to be a beautiful day!
Chelsea and Grandma Casebolt
Mother and daughter...
Make that daughters!
Bridesmaids!
Sisters :)
After the shower was over, I drove Payton home to my mom's house to change clothes and make sure she was settled for the evening. Then her grandmas were on duty and I headed back to Kyanne's for the bachelorette festivities. We hung out, had some dinner, played some games (tee hee), then headed out to The Melting Pot for desert fondue. YUM! After we stuffed ourselves we went cosmic bowling. I hadn't been bowling in forever, but we all had a lot of fun! None of us are used to staying up too late these days, so by the end of the evening's festivities we were all pretty exhausted. I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow! It was a great day though, lots of fun and memories!
The next day it was already time to head home again. It was a whirlwind of a trip! Sue, Payton and I drove over to Chelsea and Richard's new house before we took off to check it out, then we hit the road. We got home around dinner time, and by the time we had dinner and unpacked it was time for Payton (and myself) to go to bed. Somehow it's already Monday again!
28 weeks tomorrow, officially in the 3rd trimester. Woohoo! I have a doctor appointment tomorrow too, and then I'll go every other week until 36 weeks. That's when you know you're getting close!
He's really popping out!
Such a sweet face! Hiding behind his hands
Time for this mama to go to bed! Another busy week as usual. On Saturday Kyle and I are chaperoning prom at the high school. I'm actually really looking forward to it! We did it two years ago, and it was fun. A lot of the chaperones get together to have dinner before the dance, so it's like a date night, plus we get paid! Bonus!
Have a great week everyone!








Thanks for taking the time from your busy weekend to post! BBH is starting to look like a real person now too.
ReplyDelete