Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie second birthday ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 15, 2013

Exciting news everyone! Miss Payton has been wearing underwear for 2 whole weeks now! She asked to wear underwear to school, then when she kept them dry all day I figured she could do it the next day. She did great again, so I put them on her the next day... and 2 weeks later here we are! It hasn't been without a few bumps in the road; she's really great at letting us know when she needs to urinate, but #2 (as it has been for over a year) has not come as easy. She had a few days where she was pooping in the potty consistently, and we thought "oh my goodness, she's finally over it", but then like clockwork, for some reason comes back the fear of the BM. We're trying to be patient, although it's so hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel and then have it blocked yet again by this problem. Especially when I KNOW she needs to go and she's unnecessarily holding it in. I can't even imagine how painful that would be, why would you do that to yourself?! It gets to the point where she'll start leaking poop in her underwear, and I obviously don't want that either. There was one day I was so fed up that I set her in the bathroom, gave her some books to read, and told her that she could come out when she pooped. I felt terrible, but I knew she had to go! She can't hold it in forever! It took 40 minutes, but lo and behold she called me back in to show me that she had a big poop in the potty. I have a feeling it's just something we'll be struggling with for a while... I just don't want her to be "that kid" in kindergarten who poops her pants and has other kids make fun of her. I'm determined for this to work out in her favor, whether she likes it or not! Problem is, she's just as stubborn as I am :) Luckily though, she's even keeping her pull up dry all night (we've been putting one on her just in case), so she has done extremely well. She's a smart cookie, and can do anything once she puts her mind to it!

Last weekend I spent Saturday in Portland for my friend Jamie's baby shower. It's hard to believe she's getting so close! Our due dates are about a month apart, so that always gives me a little shock when I think that; means I'm getting close too! Just 3 more months, and Kyle and I will have a new baby. Crazy!

All the pregnant mamas at the shower! Due in May, June, July and August... all boys! :)

Bumps!

Work and school have been busy as usual. Yesterday we just hung out and cleaned, I wasn't feeling too hot. I know I've got a ways to go, but I'm starting to feel very uncomfortable. I don't really remember ever feeling this way with Payton, even at the very end! For some reason this time I'm just not feeling as good. More nauseous, more tired, more achy, more uncomfortable, more trips to the bathroom, much more short of breath already (sad I know). Finding a comfortable position to sleep in is getting a little challenging, some nights are definitely better than others. I just keep reminding myself though, this too shall pass. And the reward is definitely worth it! Another big difference with this pregnancy is I feel this little guy move a LOT more! He's constantly moving, especially at night before I go to bed. It's very reassuring though, I like that he moves so much. Plus Kyle has got to feel him a lot lately, which is fun! I'm 27 weeks on Tuesday, so almost in my third trimester. According to my baby book, baby's testicles are making the journey from his abdomen into his scrotum this week, a process that takes 2-3 days (at least I hope they're making their way in there!). He's better able to hear our voices, and recognize the ones he hears the most. I'm guessing he's going to be very familiar with his big sister's voice by the time he comes out! Baby now weighs about 2 pounds and is around 14.5 inches long. Baby can sleep and wake at regular intervals, open and close his eyes, and practice his breathing. His brain is very active now, with lots of brain tissue developing. Although his lungs are immature, they would be capable of functioning outside the womb at this point. We don't want that though!

Getting big!

I am taking my glucose test this week, which is where they check for gestational diabetes. Whereas last pregnancy they just drew my blood once after drinking the glucose drink, this time I have to do a 2 hour glucose test, which means... I have to fast for 12 hours, get my blood drawn, drink the glucose drink within 5 minutes, get my blood drawn an hour later, and then again another hour after that. Lucky me! My doctor said she feels like they're catching more cases of gestational diabetes with this test rather than just the basic test I took last time, and she said based on how big Payton was and how much fluid I had, it may have been possible that I had it last time and it just wasn't caught. Who knows? She just said if I do have it, they definitely want to catch it this time. We'll see, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

She loves being outside!

Bubbles!


We have a very exciting weekend coming up... it's finally time for Chelsea's bridal shower! Her wedding is getting so close! It will be a short weekend, but full of lots of memories. I will definitely take lots of pictures to document all the festivities! 

No comments:

Post a Comment