Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie second birthday ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 6, 2013

Oh where to begin... goodness gracious, we have been BUSY. It's never ending around here! Kyle's baseball season is ending this week, seems like it flew by so fast. I'm grateful for it to end though, not only because Kyle will be around to see Payton in the evenings, but also so we'll finally have time to start getting the baby room together, and getting organized for this little guy's arrival. We have literally done nothing! It seemed like July was forever away and we had lots of time, but he will be here in just 2 months... we need to get moving!

We've had some exciting new changes around the house recently. Last week we had our windows replaced, and they are sooooo pretty! Our windows were native to the house, single pane from the 1970's. We got brand new triple pane windows with craftsman trim, and it's amazing how much better it looks! I was able to find some pictures I took of the house before we bought it to compare; it's such an improvement!

Before


After! Took the shutters down too around the window, I think it's a cleaner look

Master bedroom before (yikes!)

New window! Plus new blinds, new paint, new carpet... we've actually made quite a few improvements! I forget how much we've done until I see the before pictures!

Family room before...

... and after with the new window!

We finally accomplished another important project as well... I have been meaning to get our wedding picture that all of our guests signed framed, but kept putting it off because I knew it would be expensive. Behold, almost 5 years later! Better late than never I guess :)

Now that it's up, I'm so glad I finally bit the bullet and did it! It looks great!

The next project we're probably going to tackle (besides the baby room of course) is our yard. There's so much we would love to get done this summer, but we know we have to pace ourselves. Rome wasn't built in a day! We bought this house knowing it would take a lot of work to get it the way we wanted, but we were willing to put in the work because we love the location and the neighborhood. More than a year and a half later we have made a lot of changes, but we still have a very long way to go! We need a new lawn, and Kyle and I have plans to rip up a section of our yard to put in bark dust and a play structure for the kiddos. Our deck also needs to be replaced badly, it's almost becoming a safety hazard so that is a priority too. Will it all get done this summer? Only time will tell! 

We're also getting our new air conditioner installed tomorrow, which we are VERY excited about! Woohoo! It has been beautiful lately, but hot. Consistently in the 80's! I love the nice weather, but I hate feeling sweaty... especially pregnant and sweaty. Not a good combination! I'm grateful I'm not due in September and have to endure the entire summer pregnant. Instead I'll get to enjoy the nice weather in my air conditioned home with my babies! Very much looking forward to it! Speaking of all the nice weather...

We've been taking advantage by having meals outside!

Watering the lawn

Hanging out in the backyard, cooling down!

Feels good!


Running through the sprinkler

Or away from it!

Payton has been great, and doing AWESOME on the potty! She's been wearing underwear for over a month now! She has had the very rare accident, always #2, but I can't even remember one recently. She stays dry for her naps too, but not always completely at night, so she's still in a pull up at night just in case. I am SO proud of her! She has been doing great at school too, learning so much. She only wants to wear dresses lately, which drives me a little crazy. She is VERY particular about her wardrobe! She has to pick it out, or it just isn't right. I miss the days when I dressed her and didn't have to hear "I don't want to wear that!" I bought her all these cute shorts and tops for summers, and she just wants to wear the same 4 or 5 dresses over and over. Don't even get me started on her shoes! If she had it her way, she would wear her dress up high heels to school every day. I finally had to categorize her shoes into "dress shoes" and "school shoes" so she could know which ones she could choose from to wear to school. Because of course she has to choose them, not mom! She has to help us do everything, which means she usually just gets in our way. I try to be patient though, and hope that she still wants to be this helpful in a few years! 

Once I saw daddy weeding, I had to get in on the action!

I got some!

She also likes to pour her own water, buckle her own seatbelt, wash her own hands, put on her own shoes, zip up her own jacket, do her own dishes... the list is endless! Miss Independent. Good thing she's so cute :) 

Onto baby boy... 30 weeks tomorrow! 75% done. Now the time is really going to start flying! Kyle and I still have not decided on a name, in fact we've been so busy that we haven't even discussed it very much. Much like his room, I have a feeling that's one of the things that we'll figure out when it's much closer. I don't feel rushed to pick one, and I want to make sure we make the right decision. A name is a big deal, he's going to have it forever! 

Bump!

My co-workers threw Jamie and I a joint shower at work a few weeks ago, which was so fun! We both got lots of great stuff for our baby boys, we are grateful to work with such generous ladies.



So fun to have a pregnancy buddy!

The agenda this week is pretty full... Payton has swimming on Tuesday and Thursday, Kyle has his last baseball games Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, and I'm also squeezing in time to take some maternity pictures of Jamie (she's going to do the same for me in a few weeks!). Plus Payton has a fun date planned for Wednesday with her grandma Sue and great grandma Joy. They got tickets to take her to a live Sesame Street show in Eugene! Hopefully she's not scared and really enjoys it. I'm also working this weekend. Whew! Better get to bed, this mama needs to rest up! Have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment