Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie second birthday ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Hello there! I seem to be on a blogging streak... this is my FOURTH blog so far this month! I think that's already twice as much as I blogged last month. There's just so much more to blog nowadays... plus now that basketball season is finally over and I have my hubby back most evenings, I'm not uber exhausted by the time Payton goes to bed. This weekend was the state basketball championship tournament for the varsity girls in Eugene, so Kyle was pretty much gone from Thursday until Saturday afternoon, but we got to spend all day together today, which was nice. The girls lost their first game in the tournament, which was disappointing, but went on to win fourth overall in state, which is awesome.  Now it's on to baseball... Kyle has his first game on Tuesday, as long as it's not rained out. Between that, practice, work, career day, Payton's swim lessons, and a team basketball banquet on Wednesday, it's shaping up to be a busy week!

On Saturday morning my good friend Jamie and I took Payton to the park. It was a nice day, and we wanted to try our hand at taking some pictures! She's into taking pictures like I am, and is due about five weeks before me with a little boy too. We're planning on taking eachother's maternity pictures, and newborn pictures too. I'm really excited to see what we come up with! We did some playing around, and had a lot of fun!

Jamie, myself and our boys!

 Growing, growing, growing!

I can't wait for him to get here :)

Payton wanted in on the action too!


When we do eachother's "official" maternity pictures, we'll do them around 32ish weeks and obviously include our significant others. But we're definitely having fun scoping out locations, it will be fun to have our babies be so close in age!

This morning Kyle and I made the spontaneous decision to have a family outing and try something we've never done before. We decided to take Payton to check out the children's museum in Salem. They had lots of stuff, but Payton's favorite was definitely the little grocery store where she could put all the stuff in her cart, and even pay for it and bag it up. She was mostly interested in stuffing her cart though, to the point where she couldn't get anything else in there! She freaked out a little about leaving her cart, she didn't want anyone else to mess up her masterpiece I suppose. They had a huge outdoor area that was really neat, even though it was pretty chilly today we played outside and then had a picnic lunch. It will definitely be even better in the summer! She was still talking about no one touching her shopping cart tonight when we were at home, so I'm sure she'll be excited to go back!

You may not be able to see it, but Payton has a big band-aid on her face. She woke up the other morning with a HUGE gouge on her face, we figured she must have scratched her face while she slept. She kept picking off the scab because she said it was a "booger", so we finally put a band-aid on it so she'll leave it alone. We just don't want it to scar!

Washing her kitty at the vet clinic

Tee hee :)


We've also been taking Payton out on her new big girl bike whenever the weather gives us the chance. She's a natural!

Loving the nice weather!

Hard to believe, but I'm already almost 22 weeks! Only about four more months, and he'll be here! He's about 11 inches long or so, almost a foot (or a spaghetti squash, according to my pregnancy app), and weighs about a pound. He's actually starting to look like a mini newborn, even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. Payton has been very sweet now that she's noticed my baby bump. She'll rub it and give it a kiss, and wants to tell everyone about her baby brother. Very cute! When looking at his clothes she'll say "these are for our baby". She talks about how she's going to help bath him and feed him, and put lotion on him and put him to bed. She's going to be such a great big sister! In fact I think she'll be so into him that I may have to fight her to get my turn :) 

Little man!

Soooo cute!

Kyle and I have another milestone coming up too. Kind of silly to celebrate I guess, but I think it's important; on Friday we will have been together for 7 years! I was actually thinking the other day that it's crazy to think that it's been that long since we were in college. Time flies! I'm so lucky to call him my husband and the father of my children, and was very blessed 7 years ago when he came into my life. Love you babe!

Our version of celebrating is attending "casino night" at the high school next Saturday, which is a fundraiser for baseball :) We'll take any date nights we can get! We've actually gone to casino night several times, and we always have a blast. We're looking forward to it!

Have a great week everyone! 


2 comments:

  1. We LOVED the Seattle Children's Museum. Payton comes by loving the grocery store from her Aunt Kyanne. We couldn't get her out of there until she was reeally tired.

    Hi to Baby Hall.

    ReplyDelete