Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie second birthday ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, May 18, 2012

Pictures!

As promised, here are some pictures for y'all.

Checking out the ducks

Whoa!

Riding on daddy's shoulders


Craaaaaazy hair!

Practicing my soccer skills!

It was a nice day so I decided to eat my snack outside... notice the shoes I insisted on wearing!

Bubbles!

I couldn't blow bubbles without my gardening gloves on!


My Mother's Day gift from P-Bo :)
Hanging with Uncle Bryan and Aunt Lindsey

Zach helping me with my bubbles!

Mom and daughter :)

Kisses from Uncle Tanner

It was such a hot day that Grandma Sue and I got out the sprinkler!

Felt good!

We even FaceTimed with Grandma Jo and Papa Scott in Florida!


Am I glad it's Friday! It's been a long week. Payton has been hitting the terrible two's hard lately. Even the most insignificant thing will send her into a rage right now! I know it's all part of her age, it's just so hard to stay calm and understanding when they constantly freak out. Deep breaths... this too shall pass. Hopefully! She's also become a very picker eater all of a sudden. Last night she would not eat one bite of dinner. When I asked her if she was going to eat she just yelled at me "NO!" and started crying. But then we went to Kyle's softball game and she was a complete angel for two hours. I can't keep up sometimes, I just try to take it as it comes. The only time it REALLY bothers me is when she actually lashes out. She got in trouble at school this week for the first time, for pushing someone. I found out when I got home from work and asked what she did at school that day, and she told me "no push people". Kyle was able to elaborate on the story :) I guess they put her in time out, and she was so mad that she took off her glasses and threw them. *sigh* I try my hardest (unless she's a danger to herself or something) to ignore her when she acts like this, and hopefully once she realizes that we won't acknowledge that behavior, she'll figure out another way to communicate with us... eventually!

As I've written this, Payton has already woken up twice and has a temp, so this momma is gonna head to bed... may be a long night. Kyle is reenacting tonight and tomorrow, and I was planning on taking Payton but may not now, depending on how she's feeling. I wasn't sure how she would react to the cannons and gunfire anyway, that's why she hasn't been to one yet. We will see, I'll let you know! 

1 comment:

  1. So many cute pictures.

    Everyone's advice when kids have a bad stage is "that it will pass". I also figured out the good stuff passes too. ;-)

    She might be fine with the reenactment noise, maybe not when she's feeling well. I know it's not the same, but I took Radar, our dog, with us the first time armed with tranquilizers to calm him down. It turned out he didn't even notice it and slept most of the time. You never know.

    We are waiting for the summer you are already enjoying....

    ReplyDelete