I decided to keep her out of gym class Saturday morning just in case, but I thought it would still be fun to take Payton over to the civil war reenactment in Lebanon. Sue went with me, which was a good thing because she was able to get some pictures since Payton wouldn't let me put her down! I was a little nervous as to how she would react to the cannons and stuff, and after the first two went off she started saying "go home? go home?" We explained to her on the way over there that we were going to hear a lot of booms, and that it was going to be very loud. She wasn't thrilled about it at first, but didn't cry, and after a while she got used to it and eventually starting saying stuff like "that loud boom!" and "he got one!" After Kyle died in battle, she told me "Daddy lay down in the grass". Sue was able to get some great pictures of the boys, they were right up front! Kyle has a new hat, not his usual glengarry, so it took me a minute to find him.
"Daddy lie in the grass"
Hanging with mom during the battle
"That a big boom!"
After the battle we hung out at the 79th's camp waiting for the boys. Payton kept starting at all the women who were dressed in their skirts and petticoats, and kept saying "pretty dresses". Right after Kyle showed up they had food ready for them, like cheese, meat, bread, etc. Payton honed in on some big blocks of cheese (she's OBSESSED with cheese) and kept saying "cheese? cheese mommy?" Kyle let her have his ration. She talked about it the rest of the day; "I eat daddy's cheese". What a good daddy :)
I shared though!
Daddy even walked me around camp!
I caught it!
All in all it was a fun day. It's good to know for the future that Payton can come along to reenactments! She's still talking about the big booms!
I recently got the pictures back that our friend took of Payton for her two year photos. Here are some below!
Pretty cute!
I can't believe I haven't mentioned this yet (it wasn't public for a while, but now it is!). Kyle has been hired full-time on staff at West Albany High School next year! I am SO proud of him! He had an interview for a math and social studies position, and found out that very day that he got it! He has worked so hard the last few years to achieve this goal, and to see his dream come true is so awesome. We are VERY excited! Way to go Mr. Hall! :)
I am extremely excited for this weekend, because we are finally going to Gig Harbor! I haven't been back since Thanksgiving, so waaaaaay too long. We plan on just relaxing and spending time with friends and family. I can't wait!
Special birthday shout outs to: my dad, Chelsea, Granny, and McKenna!














No comments:
Post a Comment