This morning I was thinking about some of the hilarious things that Payton has been saying lately, and decided I needed to blog so that I could share them with you (and also so someday I will be able to look back and remember these times and have a good laugh). These days I feel like I'm living in an episode of "Kids Say the Darndest Things" with Bill Cosby. And I'm sure it will only get better!
For example, lately one of her favorite expressions has been "right there". She puts a lot of emphasis on each word, and will point out anything she can. The first time she ever said it I wondered where my phone was out loud, and she pointed to it and said "right there!" I was so shocked! The other day we were outside and she looked up and said "airplane!". I asked her "where do you see an airplane?" and she pointed up to the sky and said "right THERE mommy". Well, this evening I asked Payton if she pooped after she pushed for a minute (more on our little poop issue later), and she turned away from me, bent over, pointed to her toosh and said "right there!" Kyle and I about died laughing!
This morning, Payton was reading a book while I was getting ready. It's a book that my mom and dad made for her for her first birthday, they recorded their voices so all you have to do is turn the page and it's like my parents are reading to her. Pretty neat! There's a certain part to the story about where my mom says something about her "silly wiggly toes", and after she said that Payton looked at me and said "ewww Grandma".
Right now Payton is also really getting into dressing up. She's starting to pick out her own outfits, which is very interesting, to say the least. Kyle wasn't going to let her wear to the gym what she picked out Saturday morning, he didn't think it would be comfortable enough. I told him we just needed to let her express herself, and so she ended up wearing a fancy frilly shirt, but she loved it. She got a pair of silver sparkly shoes for her birthday that are still a little big for her, but that doesn't stop her from wearing them around the house ALL day. She's been acting very girly lately, which is fun! In the next few weeks I really want to swing by Goodwill and pick up a bunch of miscellaneous dress up stuff for her to play with. If she's anything like I was as a kid, she'll love it!
I took my camera to the Little Gym this weekend to try to capture some shots of Payton enjoying her class. Her favorites are when they bring out the parachute, and she also loves the balls and when they play with bubbles. Another favorite is this big inflatable mat that they blow up and the kids can bounce on (see below)...
Constipation is the most hated word at my house right now. We were doing pretty good with just prune juice keeping her going, but after Payton was sick a couple weeks ago, her being dehydrated seemed to send us back to square one. The constipation was AWFUL! I even got a call at work from daycare because she was in so much pain. We tried more prune juice, two different kinds of suppositories, karo syrup, but nothing seemed to be doing the trick and she was still having to work REALLY hard (and not getting much as far as results). Finally I called her doctor's office demanding a new idea, and they told me to try a little bit of powdered Miralax in her milk or juice. It didn't work right away and I was feeling disheartened, but a few days after we started it things have gotten a lot better. She's able to go at least once a day, and without any straining or tears. I had never been so glad to see a dirty diaper before!
I can't wait for the weather to finally get decent around here, or at least not to pour all the time. We're getting a little stir crazy in the house, and Payton keeps asking to go outside. I am trying to be patient... is it spring yet??
Hope you all have a great week!



No comments:
Post a Comment