Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie second birthday ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Lions and tigers and bears... oh my!

We had such a fun weekend! I was looking forward to it the whole week, so it felt extra special when it finally got here. On Saturday, I had planned a hike for Kyle, Payton and I. We went to Silver Falls State Park, which is about an hour away from Albany, east of Salem. It's actually the largest state park in Oregon, it's huge! Once we finally figured out where to start our hike, we got suited up, put Payton in the backpack, and off we went!

Look guys! The trail is that way!



Payton did good, she pretty much chatted at us the whole time we were walking. We decided to do the shorter hike, just 2.5 miles, because we weren't sure how long our luck would last. What the shorter hike lacked in distance, it definitely made up for in incline though! It took about an hour and a half, so it was perfect. There were several waterfalls along the way, and the hike even takes you right down to them and behind them. Payton didn't really like that though, I think it was too loud for her!

The falls were beautiful. You can see the little trail where you walk behind them!

Whoa look!

Mommy by the falls

I see you :)

We stopped for a snack on the trail, and then finished up our walk. It's sad how out of shape I am, my calves are still hurting!

Sunday was a much anticipated day as well... our first family trip to the zoo! Payton, her parents, and all four grandparents were in attendance. We tried to answer the age-old question... how many people does it take to entertain one toddler? :) She is certainly one loved little girl!

This is looking like it's gonna be a good day guys!

Grandmas!

I wasn't too sure about petting the goats

Walking is so FUN! :)



Snuggling with Grandma Jo



There was a big lawn where they hold concerts and shows, we ate lunch there. It was a nice open space to run around in!

Me and mommy :)



The girls

Riding the train!





Grandpa Scott and I :)

Payton definitely enjoyed it, we all had a great day. I think she was more interested in looking at all the different people than the animals though :) We can't wait to go back, I think everytime we do she will enjoy it more and more!

This weekend is one of the most anticipated weekends of the year for me... 4th of July at the lakehouse! I can't wait, especially since this year I think Payton is going to have a blast going out on the boat, and getting her feet wet in the water. Hope everyone has a great fourth!

2 comments:

  1. Life can be so much fun seeing new adventures thru the eyes of our children. Have a great 4th, be safe. Love you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED our zoo outings. I think WE had more fun that the kids did!

    ReplyDelete