Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie second birthday ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 11, 2011

In the interest of time...

Since I'm at the lake right now and don't have access to my computer (and thus all my pictures), I thought I would start one blog just talking about what we've been doing lately, and then the next blog I can focus on putting in all the pictures. It gets pretty overwhelming and time consuming if I try to do it all in one, so I'm breaking it up a little bit! Sound good?

Last week felt like the longest week of my life. I decided to let Payton stay with my family at the lake house after the 4th while Kyle and I returned to Albany for the week to work. I really struggled with the decision, because I can't stand to be away from her very long, but in the end I thought it would be what was best for Payton. If we took her home with us, she would just go to daycare all week as usual, and then I would be bringing her back up to the lake anyway the next weekend (so it also saved about 8 hours with a fidgety toddler in the car). I knew that she would have a blast at the lake house, going out in the boat, being outside, hanging out with my parents and sister. So I decided to suck it up and let it happen. It was the hardest on me of course, Payton had a great week! It turned out to be only 4 days, but I missed her SO much. It felt so weird only taking care of myself, like I didn't have enough to do. Kyle and I thought we may even have time to go on a couple dates and see a movie or something, but unfortunately that wasn't the case. Tuesday we both had doctor's appointments (gotta try and fit those in when you don't have to get a babysitter!) and then I was on call the rest of the night. Wednesday I went shopping with Sue after work to get some summer stuff (I did not own even one pair of shorts that fit! The blessing/curse of losing baby weight), which was a very successfull trip, but we were gone until after 10:00pm. Then Thursday Kyle had double header softball games... needless to say, we crammed in a whole bunch of stuff, but not as much time together as we hoped! I took off for the lake again Friday night, and we managed to squeeze in a dinner out after work before I left. He was going to a wedding in Roseburg on Saturday, but I wanted to be there when Payton woke up Saturday morning. It felt like Christmas; I couldn't wait to see her! When I heard her wake up, I went in there and she just stared at me like she couldn't believe I was there. I picked her up and we cuddled for a couple minutes, she gave me a kiss and then it was business as usual! I could tell she was glad to see me though, which is the best feeling in the world. Kyle came up Sunday morning, but he had to leave this afternoon. I have the whole week off, but he doesn't unfortunately. He couldn't go another week without seeing Payton though, so he made the trip up to hang with us for a day. Payton was really excited to see him too, she gave him a big kiss! When he asked her if he could have another one she said "no!" and hid her face. We died laughing!

The Halls/Casebolts had a great time over the 4th of July weekend. Crazy to think it was already our third year in a row! I feel so blessed and thankful that ALL of my family loves to get together. I think that's pretty rare, and really special. My parents got a jet ski this year, and it got put to great use by everyone! We didn't really tube or wakeboard much this year, people mostly relaxed and went out on the jet ski if they wanted to get on the water. We took Payton out for a boat ride though to see if she'd like it, and she was pretty indifferent about it. The lifejacket we have for her is pretty tiny though, and looks uncomfortable so that could have taken away from the experience for her... either way, she seems to enjoy it more now! She is blossoming so much it is amazing. I know I say that all the time, but it really is true! She's finally seeming to UNDERSTAND me, which is so cool. For example, she was standing at the door wanting to go outside, and I told her we needed to put some shoes on to go outside. She walked over to where we keep her shoes, picked out a pair and brought them over to me! My jaw dropped big time. Another example is we have this book she likes called "Where oh where is Huggle Buggle Bear?" My mom asked Payton "where oh where is huggle buggle bear?" and she walked over to the coffee table where we keep the books, picked up that book, and walked over to my mom and handed it to her. Things like that I'm noticing all the time now! We changed her diaper and she grabbed the dirty one, and I told her it needs to go in the trashcan. She walked into the kitchen where the trashcan is, and threw it away! So crazy! She has finally figured out the word "no", which I tried to hold off as long as possible :) Now everything is "no". "Payton are you having a good day?" "NO!" "Can we change your diaper?" "No!" "Do you love your mommy?" "No!" It sounds so cute though, so it's pretty endearing. I have a feeling the first time she yells it at me in public it won't be though :) She also looooves to dance. If there's music on, she's shaking her booty! I will get a good video of it sometime, I promise! She's also learning so many new words, it seems like everyday she's got another one. Nose, toes, shoes, home are just a few of the most recent ones... she's such a smart little gal! :)

Kyle got some really great news last week. One of the social studies teachers at West Albany High School is having back surgery in the fall, and they need a sub for the first four months of his classes. Kyle got a call from the principal asking if he would be interested, and he said of course! This is such a great opportunity for him, and the next best thing besides a full time position, which as you can imagine are few and far between these days. He has a solid four months of sub work lined up, and in one of his dream jobs (and the teacher is close to retirement). We are VERY excited!

It's so nice to have the week off. As I write this I am staring out at a sunset on the lake, relaxing with the fam. Tomorrow we are going to take Payton to a hands on childrens museum in Olympia, which I'm really looking forward to. On Wednesday my good friend Elena is coming over to visit, and she's also going to cut my hair, which needs it very badly. It hasn't been cut since before Payton's birthday! Time just seems to slip away, so I'm really looking forward to that and to being able to catch up with her. I'll probably be back in Oregon by the end of the week, and then I'll post pictures! Hope you're all enjoying this wonderful weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment