I hope everyone had a safe and fun Halloween! Chelsea and her boyfriend Richard came to visit us this weekend, and it was really fun to meet him and see my sister. We hung out, went out to dinner, took a walk around the neighborhood... it was a nice relaxing weekend :) I don't have access to my pictures right now, but will post them soon... in the meantime I will post about the weekend!
On Thursday, Wee Care called me and told me Payton had a fever. She had been acting irritable that morning, and everyone mentioned how she was not her usual happy self. I ran over there to give her some tylenol (one of the many advantages to onsite daycare). If a temperature gets above 100.5 they send the child home, and while I was there they took it again and it was 100.8. Unfortunately, she has to be symptom and fever free for a full 24 hours before she can go back, so she couldn't go back until Monday. I called Kyle at work, and we ultimately decided that he would come take her home and be with her the rest of the day, and I would take Friday off to watch her. Poor thing :( I think she was teething... if I ever thought she was teething before, that was NOTHING compared to this! Let's just say it was a rough couple nights. On Friday night she woke up so upset, I hadn't seen her cry like that since she was a newborn before we got her reflux under control. I was finally able to get her to calm down by holding her and rocking her, but she got upset when I tried to put her back in her crib. So Kyle and I set up the pack n play in our room and let her sleep in there for the night, and she did much better. She has still been occasionally irritable throughout the day, but has been sleeping better, so that's good. No teeth to show for all that drama unfortunately. When I dropped her off at school this morning she was all smiles again though, so I think she's feeling much better!
Kyle worked on Saturday, so Chelsea, Richard and I hung out at the house. They were going to go check out Eugene since Chelsea is thinking of going there for grad school, but Eugene is 2 hours south and they woke up around 10:30 so their day started kind of late... ahhh those good ole college days. What is sleeping in again??? :) We went out for mexican food that night, and when we came back Chelsea passed out on the couch while Richard and I watched the Ducks beat USC (and become the #1 football team in the country!) Kyle was really sad he missed the Duck game, but we recorded it so he could watch it when he came home. After that we were pretty tired, so it was an early bedtime for everyone!
Chelsea set her alarm for 8am on Sunday so they could get going to Eugene, but 10:00 rolled around before anyone woke up :) They decided to go explore downtown Portland instead. While they were doing that, Kyle and I got Payton dressed up and took her "trick or treating" to Kyle's cousin Courtney's apartment. She moved up to Portland in August to start dental school at OHSU, and actually lives just 15 minutes away from us. Pretty ironic that Payton's future dentist was the one to give her her first piece of candy! :) It was fun to chat for a while, and Payton loved staring at Courtney's cat. I was really glad we dressed her up and took her out, I would have felt lame just keeping her at home all day on her first Halloween. We only had about six trick or treaters, so there is a lot of leftover candy to eat.
I'll post pictures from the weekend as soon as I can!
Monday, November 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Glad Payton is feeling better! Your mom sent me the picture of her in that little polka dot outfit with her finger in her mouth with that cute innocent look. ADORABLE:)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad Richard and Chelsea got to come visit since Chelsea was so bummed to have missed the October PaytonFest.
ReplyDelete