Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie second birthday ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Growing girl...

Payton has had a lot of exciting changes lately. She is rolling all over the place, and has even started lunging forward for toys from the sitting position, which sends her head first onto the floor onto her tummy. She doesn't really like it, but once she figures out how to hold her head up while doing it I think she will be lunging all over the place. Even though she doesn't crawl quite yet, she still finds a way to get into everything within her reach, which means babyproofing needs to start happening soon. She's very talkative, and if you reach your arms out to her, she will reach hers out for you too. Her front bottom teeth are RIGHT at the surface, I can see them! When I rub my finger on her gums, I feel two sharp little jagged edges, so I'm expecting them to pop up any day now. I've been trying to teach her to clap and wave bye-bye, and yesterday she waved back at me for the first time, which was really cute and exciting. I've caught her several times looking at her hand when I'm changing her diaper, and she stares at it as she slowly opens and closes her fist. I think she's just starting to realize she can control that! :)

Ok, I want these toys... how am I going to do it...

Hmmm... I can't quite reach it...

But Mooooooom!

Ok, I'll try again...

I almost look like I'm on all fours, but I have my foot stuck underneath me!

Ahhh! This isn't working!

Now I'm getting it!

And then I face planted... not too happy about it :)

I'm also getting better at standing! In very short spurts :)

I took her to a Gymboree class last Thursday, on my day off. It was crazy, there were six babies in the class and three of them were born on February 27th! Very random. It was fun, they had lots of different activities for the babies to try and explore. I think I was more tired than Payton at the end though! It was cool to chat with other moms, and see the babies interact with eachother. Plus, Payton took a nice long nap afterwards!

I had a CRAZY hair day on Thursday!

Mom didn't care though, because I'm pretty cute :)

Seriously... it would not be tamed!

Kyle's brother Tanner turned 18 on Thursday, and so on Saturday the Hall family came up to go out to dinner. Little did Tanner know he had some surprises coming! We went to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner, and while we were waiting to be seated Sue gave him his birthday card, which had basketball tickets for the Portland Trailblazers in it. He asked when it was, and we told him right after dinner! Then right after that the Hays family came in, and so his cousins and aunt and uncle surprised him, all wearing Blazers gear. Kyle and I weren't able to go to the game, but Tanner's girlfriend Brittney came up to the game and surprised him too! So it was a great night, and it was the perfect place to take Payton to dinner... very loud! Although I don't let her watch TV at home, and Buffalo Wild Wings is a sports grill so there were like 30 TV's... needless to say, Payton was pretty much in heaven!

With great Aunt Pam and Grandma Sue

Mom and Dad with the birthday boy, Uncle Tanner

Dad let me chew on his celery!

My first time in a highchair at a restaurant!

Today was pretty relaxing, we hit up Costco and Fred Meyer for some groceries. I think after Payton wakes up from her nap we're going to take advantage of this sunshine and go for a walk!

Sitting in the shopping cart like a big girl!

I get Payton's school pictures tomorrow, and I know I'll get suckered into buying more than I should, because I'm sure they'll be adorable :) I'll try and post those sometime this week so you can see them too! I also have a parent teacher conference with Payton's teachers on Thursday, which they do twice a year to talk to the parents and let them know how their child is developing, and any concerns they have. I'll let you know how that goes as well!

Here it is, your moment of Zen. I saw this while out and about today...

Best. License plate. Ever.

2 comments: