Today was a very relaxing day. Just hanging out around the house getting stuff done, and we topped it off with dinner at Red Robin. Payton was really funny, there was another family across the restaurant with two little boys and she stared at them almost the whole time! She was cracking us up. One of the boys was staring back, but Kyle kept telling Payton that he was too old for her :) She kept reaching for our food, luckily I brought along some cheerios for her to munch on and that kept her pretty occupied.
It's amazing how much Payton is growing. I know I say that all the time, but it seems like at this age their development just explodes. She can now wave hello, turn the page of a book, and even imitate you. If you stick your tongue out at her and blow raspberries, she will blow some right back. It's super cute :) She's also getting to the age where she throws a little fit if you take something away from her that she wants. She gets over it really quick, but lets out quite a scream! She is rolling EVERYWHERE, Kyle and I will set her down on the floor and look at her a minute later and be like "how did you get over there?!" She is also able to use her hands to propel herself in a circle while on her stomach, and looks like she really wants to crawl. Her legs just haven't gotten the message yet! She won't get up on all fours, and whenever we try and put her in that position her legs go rigor mortis and she won't stay on her knees. I know I need to be patient, I'm sure it will come when she's ready :) I can't believe she's already nine months old in just a couple days. In just three short months we'll be putting together the last minute details for her first birthday party. Weird!
Thanksgiving is almost here! Thursday is actually my day off this week, so it's just a normal work week for me. Kyle has this week off from school though, which is nice. We're going to be heading down to Albany early Thursday morning, the plan is to eat early around noon. The Halls and the Hays have rented a house at Lincoln City on the coast for the weekend, so they're all going to leave after we eat and Kyle and I will join them Friday night after we get off work. Kyle has to be at work at 4:30 am, bright and early for all those Black Friday shoppers :) We decided to let Payton go with the family and we'll come back to Portland alone. If she came back with us she would just spend the day in Wee Care, and if she goes to Lincoln City she will get spoiled rotten by about a dozen people who are dying to play with her. A no brainer!
There was a light dusting of snow when I woke up this morning, which makes me nervous for tomorrow. It's funny how your perception of snow changes over the years. 10 years ago I would have been ecstatic, hoping that it got me out of school. Now I just groan and dread having to drive to work in it :) It was super cold today, so I think at the very least it will be icy. Thank goodness I have all wheel drive in the mom-mobile!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Especially the Books and the Casebolts, we will be thinking about you and are sending love your way. Hope you all have a great weekend, and good luck to all you brave Black Friday shoppers! :)



Your turkey day sounds like lots of fun with the Hall family. I am a bit surprised you will be leaving Payon Marie for an overnight she will really get lots its of love and attention good for you to share tho our sweet bundle of joy It was so great yesterday to skype with you I will have your dad hook mine up I Wasn'tvery successful the last time I tried it so maybe I will be a bit smarter now with baby to talk to. Love you 3 GiGi & GGPBook
ReplyDeleteWe'll miss you but it sounds like you'll all be having a great time. Enjoy all these milestones with Payton.
ReplyDeleteI'll blog pics for you of the chaos here.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Miss you guys! Have fun!
ReplyDeleteWe will miss you guys too! Hope Payton has a great 1st Thanksgiving:) Love you 3!!!
ReplyDelete