Payton is doing great. She is so observant these days, and very vocal. She's really starting to explore with her hands, last week she started to grab for toys when I laid her down on her back. She's getting better at sitting up and holding her head up, however she will still only allow tummy time in small doses. :) She loves to stand, whenever I try and sit her in my lap she sticks her legs straight out like a board... it's really cute! She's officially outgrown another wardrobe, and is in 6 months clothes now. She puts everything in her mouth, and loves to chew on her fingers (see below!) I think she really recognizes me and Kyle... when she sees one of us she scrutinizes us for a second, and then figures out who we are and rewards us with a big grin. It's the highlight of my day when I get home from work! :) She hasn't been sleeping very well at night lately, but it has been SO hot in our little house that no one is comfortable. We're having someone give us a quote next week on how much installing an air conditioner would cost, we think it will make this summer a WHOLE lot better! In the meantime, we put our portable air conditioner in her room so at least she can sleep comfortably at night. Last year was miserable, and we don't want Payton to have to go through that... it will make life better for everyone, so we'll see!
Last weekend my mom and sister came to hang out, it was really nice to see them and to relax and have girl time. Chelsea hadn't seen Payton since she was one month old and my mom hadn't seen her for five weeks, so it was way overdue!
I borrowed this from Chelsea's blog, but it's so darn cute... Hanging with Grandma CKyle has an online class right now, but doesn't have to go to the college campus for the summer. He said it's a lot of work though, they didn't really give them a break!
Last weekend Kyle went on a backpacking trip with his brothers and a couple of his friends. They went last year and had a blast, so they want to make it an annual event. Unfortunately, this year's weather was not exactly as they expected... there was snow at their campground! Even though it was cold and wet though, they still had a great time... they're thinking of doing it next July though, hoping for a guarantee of better weather :)
Kyle, Bryan and Tanner... it certainly doesn't look like June in this picture!We've been noticing changes in Payton's hemangiomas! The one on the top of her head is flattening, and is now a darker purple color. The strawberry by her eye is a duller red, and also seems to be not quite as raised. The one underneath the skin (the one we really want to shrink) is not any smaller that I've noticed, but it is softer, which the doctor said is a good sign. She has another appointment this Thursday, I'll keep you updated!
Next weekend we are headed to my parent's lake house for the 4th of July, and we can't wait! The Halls are going too, so it will be a big fun family weekend. We did the same thing last year (without Kyle and Bryan, they reenacted) so this year we're really looking forward to having everyone together. I found out I was pregnant that weekend last year too... what a year it's been! :)



What a great recap. Have a great time at the lake, hopefully you'll get sunshine. We're heading to California in search of that stuff...
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update on everyone.
ReplyDeleteEven though the hemangioma under the skin appears not to have shrunken, I think her eye looks better, not as droopy.
Enjoy your 4th with the family. I'm sure everyone will be competing to have a little Payton-passing time.
Great report on Payton Marie's eye and all her accomplishments. I bet she is just as happy to see you at the end of the day as you are to see her Kyle is probably happy to see mamma also.Love the pictures especially the one having a snack of fingers. See you real soon. GG7GGP Book
ReplyDelete