There was a bus that ran to and from the campsites all day, so we would just catch that back and forth from the Jamboree. We hopped on Friday night to go see Tim McGraw, which was a great show!
He could have been on mute, and I would have still enjoyed it... :)You have to line up with your chairs to get your spot on the lawn for the day, and people were lining up the night before to spend the night. We weren't that crazy, but a few saintly people got up every morning and sat in line starting at 7am so that we could all have good seats. Thanks guys!
It was hard to stay at the Jamboree all day because of the heat, so we would go back to the air-conditioned motor home in between concerts so we could chill out for a while. On Saturday we saw Phil Vassar, Tracy Lawrence and Leann Rimes. I enjoyed Leann Rimes the most because I knew her songs the most! But they were all fun.
I was really exhausted by the time Sunday rolled around, but definitely had a lot of fun! Next weekend we're camping again, but we're going to Foster Lake... and this time Kyle gets to come! My future sister-in-law is moving to Montana later this month, and this was the only weekend that we could all get together and hang out, so we're taking advantage and spending some quality time! I'm really sad she's leaving... but glad I get to spend some time with her before she goes!
Ok, I'm going to combine weeks 8 and 9 since I'm already 9 weeks tomorrow! :)
Webbed fingers and toes are poking out from the baby's hands and feet, breathing tubes extend from it's throat to the branches of it's developing lungs, and that "tail" is just about gone. In the brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways. The baby is now nearly an inch long--about the size of a grape--and weighs just a fraction of an ounce. The essential body parts are accounted for, though they'll go through plenty of fine-tuning in the coming months. Other changes: baby's heart finishes dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form, as do tiny teeth. The embyronic nerves and muscles are kicking into gear. The eyes are fully formed, but the eyelids are fused shut and won't open until 27 weeks. It has tiny earlobes, and the mouth, nose, and nostrils are more distinct. The baby is now poised for rapid weight gain! As is mom! :)
Stay cool this week!



Y'all looked like you had fun! Love you.....
ReplyDeleteNice trailer! My feet would probably have to dangle out a window! Glad you had fun, and yes, you do look like a cowgirl.
ReplyDeleteXXXOOO
Papa