Let's start with Father's Day! We spent the day at Pam and Mike's house, but it was a dual celebration. Kyle's cousin Courtney graduated from dental school on Friday! She graduated from OHSU, and already has a job lined up as a dentist in Lebanon. It is such a huge accomplishment, and we are all really proud of her. Congratulations Dr. Hays!
Sunday morning snuggles, reading with daddy
Four generations of Hall men! I've been bugging Kyle to get a four generations picture, I have one with Payton, my mother and grandmother, and it's a picture that I will always treasure. It's so neat to see family growing across generations!
Carter hanging with Dr. Hays
Of course, the big news in the Hall house this weekend was Payton's FIRST ballet recital. I can't tell you what a surreal feeling it was; when I dropped her off backstage before the show and asked her if she was going to be ok, she was like "yeah, bye mom!" I kept looking back on my way out, but she was already in the midst of preparing for her big debut. By the time I got downstairs where Kyle was waiting, my eyes were full of tears. She's just such a big girl; when did that happen??
I'm ready!
Soooooo beautiful
There she is! Second from the far right!
Work it girl!
Ballerina walk
All done!
Payton did AMAZING, we were so proud of her. Especially considering she's only been taking ballet for two months! She has always been so shy, so for her to get up there in front of all those people and just give it her all was a huge growing up moment for her. She did three shows in two days, and although it was tiring, it was exhilarating for her. So fun to watch her do something that she loves doing!
Posing with Uncle Tanner
Thanks for coming Uncle Bryan and Aunt Lindsey!
With Grandma Sue and Papa Rick...
… and Grandma Jo and Papa Scott!
Love this girl :)
Ballerina with gifts from her adoring public
Last weekend my grandparents and Uncle Fred took the train down to stay with my parents for a couple days and visit. It was wonderful, we hadn't seen them in a really long time! They hadn't even gotten to meet Carter yet, so I was really glad they could come down.
Great grandma C. hanging with great grandson Carter
We blew up the bouncy house we bought (which I probably haven't told you about yet because I've been such a loser blogger), and let the kids play while we had a picnic lunch in the backyard. Very fun!
Laughing with Papa Scott
Grandma and Grandpa Casebolt, Uncle Fred, and the Halls
Had a lot of fun! Hope you guys can visit again soon!
Let's see, I really have to think about it when I'm working backwards… what else have you missed? Carter man is growing, I can't believe he's going to be one in just a couple weeks. 24 days to be exact! He changes so quickly, seems like everyday he's doing something new. He's walking everywhere with the help of a walker, pretty soon he's going to be unstoppable! He is into EVERYTHING. You name it. The garbage, the washing machine, outlets, toilets, heater vents, nothing is safe. Payton never paid much attention to those things, but it seems like Carter has a "trouble" magnet that just pulls him towards them.
He will watch the washing machine for several minutes!
He also HATES diaper changes, and usually tries to escape
Got his first fat lip at school :( Being a little too adventurous...
Who me? Was I not supposed to be in here?
When mom was getting ready and not paying attention I snuck into the shower
Look! I found the pots and pans!
Also really likes to get into whatever big sister is doing… she doesn't like it as much however
Cutie patootie!
He is such a sweetie, I always get so many compliments on what a good baby he is. I just gave him his second haircut, his hair seems to grow a lot faster than Payton's did! He does a lot of "talking", but doesn't really say any words yet. Although if he's whiny he will start saying mama! He loves Payton, although sometimes she's a little too rough with him when they're playing. One time I asked her repeatedly to be more gentle with Carter, and when she didn't I had to put her in timeout in her room. Well Carter started crawling down the hall, got to Payton's door, and put both hands on it and pushed it until it opened! He wanted his playmate back!
Thank you guys for understanding my lack of blogging… in my next blog I'll post pictures of different projects I've completed around the house so you can see what I've been up to. Kyle's last day of school is on Wednesday, it can't come fast enough! He has a lot of projects planned for the backyard this summer, so he's excited to get going on those too. Never a dull moment around here!
Before I go, a couple quick "announcements"… I want to give a huge CONGRATULATIONS to my cousin Carissa and her hubby Chris for welcoming their daughter Reagan Jodie into the world on June 4th. I am so excited for them to become parents, Reagan is one super lucky little girl! She's beautiful and I can't wait to meet her!
Also, I'm excited to announce that I'm going to be an auntie! Bryan and Lindsey are expecting a daughter at the end of October. Kyle and I have always been "the ones with kids", so I can't wait to enjoy watching someone else go through the process. I will get to snuggle and spoil the baby, and not have to worry about feedings, getting up at night, all that fun stuff. I'm so looking forward to it! :)
And last but not least… happy birthday to my mom tomorrow! She has been an amazing help to me over the last year, I can't believe it's already been a year since she retired. Love you mom, you are amazing!
















Congratulations to Payton on not one but THREE successful recitals!
ReplyDeleteI cannot believe how much Carter looks like you, Jenna. More and more so every time I see him. I think he's going to be a mechanical kind of guy. Better get him a tool set for Christmas.
Waiting for your next blog...complete with pictures.
Always exciting for McKenna and I to see you've put up a new blog. We hang on your every word and looooove the pictures. Actually, for a mother of 2 busy bees, I think you do a pretty good job getting blogs out to us.
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you all are healthy, active and happy.
We love you all so much!