Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie second birthday ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 18, 2014

Update!

Hello my peeps! Long time no blog. I have been exhausted lately! I think two little ones + husband coaching has finally taken it's toll. My evenings are spent relaxing and climbing in bed! As much as I love blogging, it is not a very relaxing activity. I've put it off long enough though! Lots to blog about of course!

Carter had his 9 month check up last week. I know right, how can he already be 9 months old?! He weighed 22 pounds 9 ounces (90th percentile), and is 28.75 inches tall (about the 70th percentile). Growing boy! He is VERY busy. Doesn't talk a lot yet, but boy is he into EVERYTHING! He is a big time climber, which is stressing me out. You name it, bookcases, entertainment centers, chairs, toys, boxes, even the toilet. He wants to climb it all! He has no fear, at least not like Payton did. He is such a sweet, smiley boy. His teacher at daycare told me that Carter isn't the oldest baby, but he is definitely the first to do everything! She said that he is very gentle with the younger babies, and has such a sweet soul. She told me that she thinks he's going to be the football player who towers over everyone, but is the "gentle giant". He has popped 5 whole teeth since I blogged last! 2 on the bottom and 3 on the top, plus working on another one. I have a cute outfit I can't wait to put him in on Sunday; I'm very excited for his first Easter!

Payton, on the other hand, is a little more apprehensive about Easter. Turns out she's afraid of the Easter bunny. She was VERY concerned about how the Easter bunny was going to get in the house: "is he going to come through the door or down the chimney?" When I tried to explain to her that he's going to leave her presents, she said "I don't need any presents!" Never thought I'd hear that! I told her that Carter still wants the Easter bunny to come and bring him presents, and she said "Carter doesn't need presents either." And right on cue, Carter turned and looked at us and shook his head no! He thinks that's really funny lately; when you ask him a question, he loves to shake his head no! 

Payton had an Easter egg hunt at her school this morning, after several assurances from me that the Easter bunny would not be there. Kyle and I didn't get to go this time, but my mom went to help and take some pictures of Payton for me. I can't wait to hear all about it after work!

I'm actually writing this blog on my phone, so I can only post pictures that I have on here. I'll post some more tonight after the kids go to bed! Love you all, happy Easter and thank you for being patient with me!

Hunting eggs with my friend Alexandra!

Who is that baby?? 

Hi mom!

Bath crayons were a huge hit with Miss P!

Sweet kiddos on an afternoon stroll 

Check out my Mohawk!

Payton started ballet class last weekend and LOVED it! She's super excited to dance in the recital!

Loves the swing 

Payton does too!

I'm gonna get ya!

Chompers!

Handsome little man :)

Beautiful girl!

My loves! Getting so big!


2 comments:

  1. Bless your heart, getting a blog in :) Love the updates and am so thankful you all are doing well and thriving. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully your mom keeps us up-to-date with her blog so that takes some of the pressure off of you,.

    It seems like Payton is taking after you and Chelsea with her love of, as Kyanne called it, "pretty sports". I'm glad to see she's found her niche.

    I love to see Payton in her different glasses. It makes them more like jewelry than something she "has" to wear. I know that feeling well.

    Congrats to Carter on his new choppers!

    ReplyDelete