Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie second birthday ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Catching Up: Part 1

Since it's been quite a while since I blogged and I have SO much to talk about, I thought it would be less overwhelming for everyone (well, ok, mostly myself) if I were to split this blog into two. I can't believe Christmas is already next week, eek!

I'll start with my little love, Carter. Such a smiley, happy and sweet boy! He has grown so much, we're officially moving into his 12 month clothes already. He has done amazing at daycare, the teachers there have nicknamed him Mr. Giggles. People will actually stop me in the hallway to talk to him and are usually rewarded with a big grin. I've been so proud of how well he's adjusted, and I think he actually enjoys all the interaction and stimulation. There's a big wave of babies his age, one little girl who was born in June (McKenzie), then Carter in July, then two more little boys born in August (Matthew and Evan), and another baby starting next month. That's a lot of little ones! He even has his own crib there, and he's been napping pretty good actually. I was worried about him sleeping with the extra noise, but it doesn't seemed to have affected him too much. He's a trooper! Still sleeping very well at night too, I put him down between 7:00-8:00, and he'll usually sleep until about 5:00 or 6:00 the next morning. Sometimes after his bottle he'll even go back to sleep again until 7:30! On his 5 month birthday he started rolling from his back to his stomach, which is very exciting. Now he won't stay on his back for long! He only rolls to his left though, which is funny. I had a couple nights that were difficult because when I put him down to sleep he kept rolling over and then getting angry that he was on his tummy! He's pushing up really hard too, and has even gotten up on all fours for a second before he flopped back down. He's pushing so hard that he is scooting himself backwards, so couple that with all the rolling around he's starting to get mobile! He can even sit up by himself for short periods of time, probably about 5 seconds before he topples over. So fun to watch him grow!

I love my bouncer!

Hi mom!

Ummm…. really likes to put his mouth on anything he can. Obviously.

Sweet sweet boy

Something I wanted to try :)

Enjoying his first basketball game

Checking out the tree!

Playing with Papa Book on Thanksgiving!

My view in the kitchen every morning :)

Such a big boy!

I want to get moving...

Getting up on all fours!

Payton is doing very well too! I can't believe she'll be four in just a few months. She is very very sweet with Carter, and very patient. Now that he's so responsive and smiley, she loves to make him giggle and talks to him constantly. Melts this momma's heart! She actually wanted to wear jeans and a t-shirt to preschool the other day, and I just about keeled over from the shock. The next day she wanted to wear a skirt again, but paired it with her Nike tennis shoes! She told me that she wanted to look like Daddy's basketball girls. She's gone to a few of Kyle's games, and when I asked her if she was going to play basketball some day she told me no. I asked her what is she going to do? And she told me she's going to coach :) She makes us laugh constantly, and also shake our heads. Just the normal 3 year old stuff, talking back and trying to assert her independence. She is VERY excited for Santa to come this year, this is the first Christmas where she really "gets" it. She even wrote Santa a letter and we put it in the mail box addressed to the North Pole. The other day she saw the mailman and told me that he was taking her letter to Santa! She asked Santa for a new baby doll, a baby doll crib, a princess dress and princess shoes. I got her a bitty baby, which is the smaller version of the American Girl doll, and a doll crib that has pink bedding and even a working mobile. I also ordered her jammies that match her doll's, which I think she'll love. And of course I have a new princess dress waiting in the wings! I think I'm more excited than she is for her to get them! I can't wait for Christmas morning!

Daddy helping me paint

So pretty :)

She was SO excited for the snow! We had several inches that stuck around and school was cancelled for a whole week!

Sledding with Papa Rick

Making Christmas cookies with Grandma Sue and Grandma Joy

Really concentrating...

So fun!


Enjoying the finished product :)

Relaxing during the snow storm

Somehow it's already been 3 1/2 weeks since I've returned to work. It's been a whirlwind, just going all the time. Kyle is gone by the time the kids and I are up, so I get myself and everyone ready, drop them off at daycare, go to work, pick them up, come home and make dinner, and if I'm lucky Kyle is home in the evening to help me put them to bed. If he has a game, then I usually don't see him until much later and the kids sometimes don't get to see him at all. So by the time the little ones' bedtime rolls around I'm not usually too far behind! After all my chores are done of course. Making formula for the next day, washing and sterilizing bottles, folding laundry, putting away toys, unloading and then loading the dishwasher, paying bills, checking e-mail, blah blah blah… all the things I used to have all day to do is squeezed into just a couple hours. I'm not complaining, but I'm trying to justify my lack of blogging :) Nothing has really changed at work, luckily I still remember how to scan! My first day back was exhausting, I felt like I'd been hit by a truck. Now things have definitely settled into a routine, and although life feels a little crazy right now, I wouldn't change it for anything. Now that Carter is here I am even more aware than I was before of how fast kids grow up. It blows my mind that I've been blessed to care for these two little people, that Kyle and I created them and get to watch them grow. Life is full of so many blessings right now! 

In my next blog I'll talk about all the activities we've been up to… lots of fun Christmas stuff! I'll leave you with some pictures of my favorite kiddos :)

Siblings

LOVE

This is what breakfast time looks like at my house

Pajama day at school

I was in the kitchen and wondered what Payton was doing, and when I looked in the living room she was entertaining and playing with her baby brother. Such a good big sister!

Have a great weekend everyone!


2 comments:

  1. Great to see a fabulous blog from you. I was wondering how you would ever fit blogging into your schedule, but you managed to do it! The kids are so cute and have grown by leaps and bounds. Have fun with them on Christmas. Children bring magic back to Christmas for us adults :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a wonderful family! We loved our visit to your house and it was so good to see all of the things you talk about in your blog come to life.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete