Whew! The first official day of potty training is over! It actually wasn't bad at all, even enjoyable watching Payton get so excited about going to the bathroom all on her own. One of the tricks of this potty training method is not to "hover", just let her figure out on her own what she needs to do. You may clean up more messes, but you can actually stress the child out more and make them not want to go by constantly watching over them. So when she woke up, I told her that we were throwing away her diapers and had her help me put all of them in a trash bag and throw them in the garage. I told her that she is going to start using the big girl potty like mom and dad, and showed her where it is. Then I took her diaper off, took a deep breath, and... let her be. Payton went twice in the potty this morning without me saying a word to her, and got so excited because she got to go dump it in the big toilet, wipe up with toilet paper, and wash her hands. Then she had one accident, but I just told her it was ok but next time I would like her to go in her potty, and she's a big girl and I know she could do it. And she did! There were two more times that day where she started to pee, stopped, and finished on her potty. Other than that though, she went potty in the toilet 10 times today! Wooohoo! I'm having her wear pull ups for nap and night time. I told her they were her "night time underwear". She woke up dry from her nap today, and walked out and sat down on her potty and went! VERY exciting!
I don't think going potty is going to be a problem, but I have a feeling pooping might be. It has been a problem, anyway, for several months. You may remember I have to feed Payton Miralax every morning in order for her to even go, and now she's at the point where she's "self-constipating" and trying to hold it in. I think she's afraid it's going to hurt so she tries to keep it in; either way, pooping was our biggest problem today. There were a few times (4 actually) that she went poop in the potty on her own, but she also tried to poop standing up 4 times. But, she pooped in the potty twice on Thursday night, and once the night before, so hopefully she just gets used to it. All in all, today was definitely successful!
Alright, enough about my kid's bodily functions. Here's a little gem I took today while she was playing with some play-doh:
She's going to kill me for this one when she's older! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment