Enjoying the nice evening at the game!
Last Friday was Kyle and my five year anniversary. Hard to believe it's been five years! They've been the best (and busiest!) five years of my life. Kyle was working the (actual) football game, so our moms came over to watch the kids so we could grab a coffee and go to the game together. It poured of course, we had epic rainfall last week! But it was still nice to be together doing something on our anniversary.
These were delivered to my house Friday morning; so beautiful!
On Saturday we had a wedding, one of our best friends from college got married. Everyone is getting married it seems like, so maybe soon Kyle and I won't be the only ones with babies! Hint, hint everyone! Unfortunately it was an outdoor wedding so I didn't really get to see it because I stayed inside with my babies. The reception was inside thankfully!
Party pooper :)
I had a nice big blowout in my diaper so my mom had to change me into comfier clothes. I was representing my ducks!
Picture of OIT peeps at the wedding. Please don't ask questions about Kyle :)
Payton was a dancing fool! Kyle and I took her and Carter with us when we danced to the anniversary dance, and after they announced the five year mark we started to go back to our seats and on the way Payton burst into tears and started sobbing! "Why can't we dance anymore???" We felt terrible, so Kyle took her back up there! She danced for probably 3 hours, and even when she got tired she had someone hold her (thank you Uncle Bryan!) while they danced. She would not leave the dance floor! They had a photo booth at the wedding too, which was so fun! I'll have to figure out a way to upload all those pictures and put it on my next blog. Payton went in that thing probably 15 times! She got pictures with everybody! We left about 7:00; the wedding started at 2:00 so we had been there a long time, and the kids were exhausted. It was loud, so Carter didn't really nap well that day. The good news is they both slept great that night! In fact, Carter is sleeping SO much better these days! The other day he even slept from about 8:15 until 5:00am! So amazing! He's not doing that consistently yet, but we are usually getting at least a 6-7 hour stretch at night, sometimes even 8 hours. Such a blessing to finally be getting big chunks of sleep! Thank you Carter!
We moved Carter to his own room last night, which was bittersweet. I remember we did the same thing with Payton around 3 months, when she started sleeping longer at night. It's nice to have my room back, but it was also nice to be able to check on him so easily. We have a small house, but he seems so far away in his room! I think we'll actually both sleep better this way though. He was up at about 3:30 this morning, but considering he went to sleep around 7:00 that's not bad at all!
Checking out the mobile in my crib!
Mom and dad finally got the letters up over my crib too! Thank you Grandma Sue!
On Sunday Kyle and I went up to Portland for our anniversary celebration. We made reservations at The Melting Pot, yum! We hadn't been there in years, so it was fun to experience that. On our way up there I asked Kyle if we could stop by the Shane Co, which is where we got our wedding rings, so that we could have them cleaned, dipped and resized. Our rings hadn't been cleaned or checked in a long time, and after another child mine needed to be sized up (again), and Kyle's actually needed to be sized down. We just don't make it up to Portland very often, so I figured we may as well take advantage of the opportunity. Little did I know that Kyle was already planning on taking me! When we were at the counter explaining everything we needed done to our rings, Kyle told the lady "I also have something here to pick up for Kyle Hall". I was so confused! Then I realized what it was... When we got married and I added my wedding band to my engagement ring, I wanted to put a matching band on the other side but decided at the time it wasn't really necessary to spend the extra money. I always joked with Kyle that I would just get it after we had been married for five years... and he remembered and ordered it! I was floored! Not to mention very excited! So my ring is getting resized, dipped in rhodium to make it super shiny and sparkly, and the other band is getting sautered on as well. It's going to look like a whole new ring! I am soooo excited, it's been quite a while since I've been able to wear it!
Chocolate fondue = DELICIOUSNESS. Kyle and I were so full when we left we felt sick!
Carter turned 12 weeks old this week, and is getting to be SO much fun. He's smiling so much, and even started laughing, giggling and cooing. It's so cute! This morning I heard him stirring in his room at 6:30, so I went in there hoping I could put his binky in and he might sleep an extra hour. As soon as I walked in the room I thought "it stinks in here", and when I peeked at him in his crib he was staring at me... and then gave me a big grin! Yep, mom, I pooped my pants! I just laughed, I wasn't even disappointed about not getting more sleep. You can have little "conversations" with him now, he'll make a noise and if you make it back to him he gets really excited and starts kicking and smiling. He has started drooling a lot, and chewing on his hands, especially during tummy time. He's not interested in rolling over as much, he just wants to gnaw on his arm!
Strong boy!
Payton received all this as a gift and LOVED it... she wore that tutu and headband for like four straight days!
Love this gummy grin!
I think his hair is really going to lighten like his sister's!
My loves!
Laughing while playing pat a cake
Hi mom!
I got to hang with my buddy Bradyn again!
My mom puts me on my tummy a lot :)
This was my reaction to my mom's face when she saw this; I thought it was pretty funny!
Hanging with great aunt Tawnya
And cousin McKenna!
Carter will be 3 months old on Wednesday! I can't believe it's already October. Payton's class is heading to the pumpkin patch in a few weeks, and I'm really thankful I get to go enjoy that with her. It will be Thanksgiving and Christmas before we know it! Have a great weekend!

















Nice big blog! Whoot! Your anniversary surprise sounds just wonderful. Way to go Kyle! Thanks for including pics of McKenna and I. We really enjoyed our visit. Love you!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you are keeping busy. Happy Anniversary to you guys. It doesn't seem like your wedding picture has been on my wall for 5 years already.
ReplyDelete