Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie second birthday ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Playing catch up

I feel like I could start every blog with a description of how fast time flies, so I will spare you guys this time :) The Hall house has been running around as usual!

First, let's go over our family trip to Willamette Pass a few weekends ago, which was really fun. Kyle had basketball Friday night, so we joined Rick, Sue, Tanner and Britney Saturday morning. Payton was really excited to see the snow, and for some reason kept commenting on the "big rocks". Ah, kids. After unpacking in our cute little cabin and eating some lunch, we decided to go to a sledding hill that they scoped out for us.

I'm ready to go guys!

Let's do it!

Weeeee! I wasn't too impressed with sledding though, only went down once or twice and then preferred to watch the rest of the time.

Uncle Tanner 

Tanner and Brittney!

Enjoying watching the action

Daredevil daddy

Grandma Sue got in on the action!

With Papa Rick too!

Making a snowman

<3 p="">



I got pulled in the sled too!

I snuck in one more sledding picture :)

That night we hung out, feasted on Grandma Joy's lasagna, watched movies, basically just relaxed. Payton slept great in the pack n play, we're grateful that she always does. It was so nice to get away, even if it was just for one night! 

This last weekend Payton hung out with Kyle and Grandma Sue while I travelled to Gig Harbor. Saturday was Jo's memorial, and Sunday Chelsea had arranged a bridesmaid dress fitting, neither of which I wanted to miss. It was weird being childless and having no responsibility, I really missed Payton. I'm not going to lie though, it was nice at the same time to just do what I want to do when I want to do it, and spend lots of unlimited time with my family. All too soon though, it was time to trek home again and start another week. So nice to see everyone though!

In case you missed my Facebook post...


We found out Payton is going to have a little brother! So crazy! It's still really sinking in for Kyle and I, we thought we were going to have another girl. We would have been thrilled either way with just a healthy baby, but we feel really blessed and excited to be able to experience one of each. I had a list of girls' names started that I liked, but of course no boys names, so we're not decided on that yet. 16 weeks today though! I had my blood drawn today for my quad screen, which will check baby's risk for neural tube defects and anomalies such as down syndrome. Hopefully I will get my results next week at my next doctor appointment, keeping my fingers crossed that he's a healthy little kiddo!  

At 16 weeks, baby is about the size of an avocado: he weighs about 5 ounces and is 4.5 inches long. His heart is pumping 25 quarts of blood every day, and he's even started growing toenails. In the next few weeks, he will double his weight and add inches to his height; he's getting ready for a growth spurt! I certainly feel the growth; I've been wearing maternity pants the last few weeks, they've just been more comfortable than my regular pants. Now they're definitely necessary! 

There's something in there! :)

I have a three day weekend coming up, it's that time again... Monday is Payton's eye check-up at OHSU. This is the big one, where they dilate her eyes to check her prescription. It will be interesting to see if there are any changes! Hard to believe it's already almost time to order her 3rd pair of glasses... 

Happy birthday to Grandma Joy, Connor, and Aunt Pam!

No comments:

Post a Comment