Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie second birthday ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

WAY overdue!

I know, I know, it's been WAY too long since I've blogged! I could blame any number of things for my lack of blogging, but I would be lying if I didn't admit that a lot of the delay was due to my new toy... Kyle got me a Kindle Fire for our anniversary a couple weeks ago and I have been a little obsessed with it. OK, maybe a LOT obsessed with it. Actually, I found a new show that I can watch on my Kindle for free (Glee, I LOVE it!), and I'm already on season 3... which would explain what I've been doing with my evenings. Sorry... but I'm back!

Like I mentioned, Kyle and I celebrated four years of marriage at the end of last month. Crazy huh? We weren't able to do anything that weekend because I was on call, but the next weekend we got to go to the duck game together vs. Washington, and since it was a night game we turned it into a date night. We went down early and had dinner at P.F. Changs, then made our way over to the stadium. It was a fun game!

Go Ducks!

Payton actually spent the night at Grandma Sue's house, so Kyle and I even got to sleep in (ahh bliss!) She went to church with Rick and Sue Sunday morning, and when they tried to bring her back home she refused to come! Yep, flat out refused. She then told me she was going to stay at Grandma's, and asked if I was sad. I told her I wanted to hang out with her, and she said that I'll be fine, and she'll be back. Seriously?! So Kyle and I turned it into an opportunity to get a lot done around the house and be productive. We had to practically trick her into coming back home! 

This last week has been busy with work, basketball starting up, our small church group that we joined, and just trying to keep up with Miss P. She is so funny! She cracks us up all the time. Instead of crying, she'll tell Kyle and I "I sad!" She's really into taking care of her babies right now, and it's really cute watching her snuggle them and talk to them. She's a pretty bossy little thing, but Kyle and I always joke that she's the first born of two first borns... she's bound to be in charge! 

Enjoying a hot chocolate with mom!

Yum!

This last weekend we'd been looking forward to for a while... a weekend at the coast! Rick and Sue got some bonus time at their timeshare in Seaside, and invited us along. We were looking forward to some rest and relaxation! We got into Seaside Friday night, got unpacked and settled. Payton slept great, she actually slept in until 9:00 the next morning! Our condo was amazing, it had three bedrooms and looked directly at the ocean. 

The view from our balcony! 

It was the perfect room for Payton; she could have stared at people all day!

It wasn't raining Saturday morning, so we decided to get up and just head to the beach. We didn't know how long we would have, since it was supposed to rain all weekend. We brought along Payton's bike so she could ride along the boardwalk...

Wheee!!!

Then we went for a walk on the beach!

Walking with Grandma Sue 

I love the way she's looking at him :)


Family picture...



Walking along the beach...
Then we found the swings!


After we walked the boardwalk and grabbed some coffee (and of course a hot chocolate for the little lady), we decided to push our luck a little more and go swimming in the pool. I only got one quick picture before it started to really rain!

She LOVED the pool! It started to really pour though, and we had to get back inside...

I had fun!

It was a good thing we got all that in, because once it started to rain it didn't really stop the rest of the weekend. After Payton's nap we went to the outlet mall, then to dinner at Mo's in Cannon Beach, and before we knew it, Saturday was already over. 

Passing the time with a puzzle... she loves them right now!

We headed home Sunday afternoon; the weekend felt too short, we would have loved to have another day. Another day with sunshine would have been perfect! Thank you to Rick and Sue for inviting us, we had a blast!

This next weekend I'm really looking forward to as well, my mom is going to visit! We're going to try to visit the pumpkin patch... weather permitting of course. I'll post pics soon!

Happy birthday to Grandpa Casebolt and Aunt Tanya! 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I'm glad you are having so much fun. That's what kids are for.

    Aunt Tanya--I don't know why my login is stuck on "Bear".

    ReplyDelete