The view of the wave pool from the casino
On the strip!
On our last day, a friend and co-worker of Kyle's and his wife flew in to Vegas and were staying at the same hotel as us, so we had lunch together and that night decided to go to Fremont Street at Old Vegas with another pair of friends. It was fun to hang with a group! Old Vegas was actually really cool, we were pleasantly surprised. Plus the gambling was cheaper! We had pretty much broken even gambling up until that point, but unfortunately lost that night at Old Vegas. But the next morning when we were killing time waiting to go to the airport, we decided to play a little roulette, and ended up winning! Made up for what we lost and then some, which was awesome. It was a great way to end our trip! I didn't take very many pictures actually, sorry... my camera is always out when Payton is around, but when it was just the two of us wandering around I didn't even think about it!
Even though we had a blast (and definitely look forward to going back!), we were excited to come back home. I wish I could say Payton was thrilled to see us, but she acted like it was any other day! She was like "hey guys!" Of course, she was walking the dogs, which she's been pretty obsessed with ever since we visited Gig Harbor for Memorial Day. I've been hinting to Kyle that Payton would really love a dog of her own, but so far I've been shut down pretty quickly :) Payton had such a great time with her grandparents that she didn't really miss us! Which, I suppose, is a good thing.
When I saw mom painting her toenails for her trip, I wanted mine painted too!
While mom and dad were away, I was having fun in the sun with Uncle Tanner!
Riding on Papa Scott's shoulders
My hair is long enough for pigtails!
Side view
Sweetie pie!
Payton is also pretty possessive these days. The three of us went to visit some friends about a week after they had a new baby, and Payton asked if she could hold her. She was really great with her, very gentle, and was cooing "hi baby, hi" it was so cute! But then the baby spit up so I picked her up so she wasn't lying flat, and Payton freaked out! She was like "my baby, MY BABY!" Kyle and I couldn't believe how upset she got. We hope it's just a phase though, once she has a sibling she will really figure out sharing!
Payton and her baby :)
This week is Payton's last week at her daycare. She gets to spend the month of July off with Kyle, and in August we're starting her at a new preschool at a presbyterian church. I'm excited; it's closer to home and work, and came really highly recommended. I have a few days off next week though, we're going to my parent's lake cabin. Hopefully the weather holds out decent for us! Then the weekend after that Payton starts soccer (that will be a fun post!), and the summer madness will really commence.
Blog again soon!



So glad you had a bit of time for yourselves.
ReplyDeleteOnce when we were at Vegas, I had to buy new sandals because my feet were burning through my leather bottom Saltwater sandals...and that was after midnight!