Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie second birthday ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

This last weekend was pretty lazy, which was so nice! I definitely needed it. Our graveyard shift person retired and our swing shift person quit, so we've all been covering a lot of extra shifts at work... I've worked at least one double a week for the last four weeks in a row, and that on top of starting 10 hour shifts, I've been exhausted! There have been a lot of exciting things happening at work though. Last year we got new ultrasound machines (from the company who shall not be named) that we didn't want to get in the first place, but our sister hospital wanted them, so that's what we got... they were horrible! They constantly froze on us, broke down, and basically were a big headache, not to mention we didn't like the image that it made. Well, after a year of endless frustration, we finally got rid of them and got the original machines that we wanted in the first place! They arrived last week, so we've all been busy training on them and learning how to use them. I know this is a dorky thing to say, but they're so beautiful! Brand spanking new, so shiny. :) We're really hoping these ones work out!

An example of the beautiful picture that the new machine makes! Baby with her mouth open... My friend wanted to practice the OB measurements, and I was a logical volunteer. Taking one for the team! :)

Growing like a little weed!

On Saturday night Kyle and I met up with a couple of my co-workers and their husbands for a night at McMenamin's Edgefield, which is a really fun hotel that has bars, restaurants, a movie theater, a little golf course, all sorts of stuff to do. We spent the evening just hanging out, drinking (a virgin for me of course!), and wandering around the hotel. I'm so blessed that I work with some of the coolest people around, makes getting up and going to work everyday a lot easier!

Tomorrow is my day off, and I'm really looking forward to catching up on my sleep and spending some time with Kyle... who by the way got a seasonal job at Sport Authority! He has orientation tomorrow, and will apparently be working in the camping/hunting department. He's been applying for jobs for months, but this economy is tough... one of his classmates is a manager there, and told him he might be able to find him some extra work for the holidays. It's all about who you know! I also have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, I switched days off with someone so that I didn't have to take time off work to go... another awesome advantage of only working four days! It couldn't have come at a better time either, because after my appointment next month I'm going to have to start seeing her every other week. I'll definitely post a quick note and let you know how it goes...

24 weeks today! Here is what's happening:

Baby is growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since just last week. She is about a foot long (think an ear of corn!), and her body is starting to fill out proportionally. Soon she'll be putting on all that adorable baby fat! The brain is growing quickly, and taste buds are beginning to develop. The lungs are developing branches of the respiratory tree, as well as a substance that will help the air sacs inflate once she arrives into the outside world. Her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon. The book says that my uterus is now about the size of a soccer ball!

This Saturday night Kyle is doing a casino night in Albany that's part of a fundraiser for Tanner's baseball team. Sue and I are going to see New Moon, the new Twilight movie! I am so excited, Kyle thinks I'm dorky but I loved the books and can't wait to see the movie. :) Can you believe that Thanksgiving is next week?!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, the image is so much more defined than your previous ones. Her rib definition is so clear.

    I just bought ninja shoes at Sports Authority!

    Say "Hi" to the wee bonney lass for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby is growing! So anxious to see her. Sorry won't be able to see you at Thanksgiving, but will be thinking about all of you. Sounds like you are have a busy life, that will soon change to a busier life, but "Oh such fun". Tell Kyle hello, and pat the baby and tell her great grandma says she loves her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that little baby! So much that I finally caved the other day and ventured into the Target baby section! Not to worry, though, because I got an outfit for $4. I'm pretty excited about it. I will leave it with Sue on Thanksgiving--wish I could see you! Have fun in Washington!

    ReplyDelete