Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie second birthday ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 21, 2009

Finally a new post!

I know it's been such a long time since I've blogged, I apologize for being so lame! Honestly, these last two weekends have been extremely laidback, not much exciting to report... lots of football! :)

Kyle and I have had time to just relax at home together, which has been really nice. This last Friday night Kyle's old high school, West Albany, was playing at Hillsboro High School, so we drove out to Hillsboro and met up with Tanner, his girlfriend Brittney, and Sue to watch the game. The Bulldogs (West Albany) won the game by 3 points, it was a pretty exciting game! Afterwards, we drove down to Albany so we could watch the Duck game on Saturday, which was also a great game (which we also won!)

Yesterday, I broke down and bought my first maternity clothes. I've been avoiding it, trying to make my clothes last as long as possible. But, you can't stop the inevitable! The exciting part is, I'm starting to show... and it actually looks like a little bump, not just a thick waist! :) I'm still wearing my normal jeans, and if I have trouble buttoning them I just use what's caused a BeBand, which is this piece of nylon and spandex basically that holds up my unbottoned jeans. I mostly bought some sweaters and shirts in preparation for fall, and I was excited that there was a lot of cute stuff to choose from!

I'm 16 weeks already on Wednesday, and it seems like although my first trimester couldn't get over soon enough, time is really starting to fly. I had another Dr. appointment, and this time Kyle got to come, so that was neat for him to meet the doctor... plus it was the first time we got to hear baby's heartbeat! I really love my doctor, but that office is really frustrating. My last appointment lasted over two hours because they were behind, so I figured I would call up to the office and ask them if they were on time before I headed up there, since I'm having to take time off of work to go. When I called up there, I specifically asked if my doctor was running on time, and they told me yes, so Kyle and I headed up there. We were called back about 20 minutes after our appointment time, but I figured as long as she wasn't behind, we would be out in no time. Basically, all they do at these appointment is weigh you, measure your belly and listen to baby's heartbeat, and answer any questions you have. Well, we waited in the exam room for almost an hour before she came in... we were so bored! I understand that's the way it is at a lot of doctor's offices, I was mostly annoyed because I'd called and specifically asked before I went up, and my 20 minute appointment still lasted almost two hours... oh well, sorry about all my ranting and raving, at least I only have to go once a month!

Since I skipped a week, I'll kind of combine what my book says for 15 and 16 weeks:

With a weight of 3 to 5 ounces and a length from head to bottom of 4 to 5 inches, baby is growing fast. The ears are positioned properly on the side of the head (they used to be in the neck) and the eyes are moving from the side of the head to the front of the face. The eyes are now complete with eyebrows and eyelashes, and they are finally working! Although they're still fused shut, it's eyes are making small side-to-side movements and can even perceive some light. Baby can also breath, suck, and swallow, all in preparation for it's big debut outside the womb. It's muscles are getting stronger, especially the back muscles, which enables baby to straighten out more. Baby is also becoming more sensitive to touch; in fact, if you poke my belly, he or she will even squirm away! I could start to feel movement in the next few weeks!

Kyle and I have decided that we're going to look for gender next week! We don't care at all what it is, we're just excited to be able to call it a he or a she... and finally buy some cute clothes! :) Our first anniversary is this weekend as well, so we thought that would be a special time to find out... we'll definitely keep you posted!

It's hard to believe that we've already been married a year... I can't believe how time has flown! It's been such a whirwind of a year, but also one of the best, and I look forward to many more! Kyle has a reenactment on Friday and Saturday, but he's going to come home early on Sunday so we can go to a nice dinner and celebrate!

Sorry no pictures this time, I'll definitely post one of my bump soon, and we will let everyone know gender as soon as we know! :)

P.S. Happy birthday Grandma, Grandpa, and Sue!

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your summer weekends to their fullest!

    I hope you reeeally like your doctor to make her worth the wait. I think they always tell you they are on time anymore because THEY don't want to wait on YOU.

    Is baby's sex a general announcement or top secret?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the little nipper/nipperette is coming along very well. Don't go buying to many bably things as you well know GG (that's me) will want to have a great shoping spree maybe I could even come to you and we could go together how does that sound??? Take care we love you all. G&GBook

    ReplyDelete